Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX Cruise cable lash procedure not working, FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007 | 03:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: FLHX Cruise cable lash procedure not working

If the green light comes on and turns off per the initializatin procedure, I suggest you take the bike for a ride and try the cruise control under safe conditions. If it works fine, the take-up cable on the cruise module was probably very close to being right on when it was installed so you didn't hear any take-up of the cable.

Old 07-15-2007 | 06:40 PM
swipter
|
Tourer

Okay, so don't laugh too hard. I looked for pinched wires and did not find any so I took the air filter back plate off to do the service manual throttle cable adjustment. While I was adjusting the first one I noticed the cruise cable moving so I took out the directions. It says to make sure the cruise cable has plenty of room, basically. I looked at the EFI unit and saw a circle on it not being used. I also remembered I had not used the long needle nose pliers everyone said you needed. I got them and put the cruise cable in this circle, which I assume is what it is designed for. Put it all back together and did the lash procedure. I heard the engine rev and then go back to idle. It works like a charm. Did more troubleshooting than I needed but at least I am learning how to work on this bike. Thanks for the help, all.

Old 07-15-2007 | 09:23 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the find. Whats the next project?

Old 07-16-2007 | 07:47 AM
swipter
|
Tourer

I don't know. I actually don't seem to have a heat issue, anyway not one that bothers me. I would like to do the T-Max autotune but the cost is a little much and the wife would hit the roof. Can't think of anything right now. I wouldn't mind a light bar but don't really want it to look like an EG. Light=safety (sometimes) so maybe that will be it. That would be an easy one, I think.