Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:27 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Performance advice needed!

Ok, here's the deal. I am looking for more midrange power from my 2006 Ultra.
1st and 2nd gears, the bike is strong. But it seems to just lose it when I hit 3rd. 4th and 5th seem to come on a little stronger.

Here's what I've done to the bike so far:
95 kit with 203 Cam, Stage 2 download, Techlusion(DFO) unit, SE Pro slash cut pipes, and a Doherty Power PACC.
PS I have the forged pistons also, so I can go with the High Compression heads if I choose.

All suggestions are welcome!

Old 10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
R Horn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance advice needed!

BaggerDave
Any port work on the heads?? If not then head work is the first spot to go and likely another cam change from there.

Rich

Old 10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer

No port work yet.
Has anybody heard of these guy? Or use one yet? The folks at Rinehart (Bub) recommended it.
http://www.terrycomp.com/tv.html

Old 10-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Dave,

I've got plenty midrange with my 95 kit but I've thought about going to the 211 cams. They kick in big time at mid to high. The only problem is that you may lose some at low end. I've got way more than I need at low end so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Head work is a must anytime you do this upgrade. Harley doesn't include it because of EPA regs but if you do the SE heads or send your stock heads to someone who knows what they are doing you will get a much better running bike.

Terry

Old 10-29-2005, 01:31 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer

A few people have told me that switching from the SE Pro pipes to Rinehart True Duals may just be the ticket.
But I am kind of sick of all the false promises of increased performance. So I'm trying not to waste more money, and just do one more performance improvement. (If thats possible!)

Old 10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
R Horn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BaggerDave
As I said I have the Rineharts but they are being true duals not the best for low end but propper tuning helps there. I wanted the style and the o2 sensore port.

As for terrycomp.com, very interesting. The concept is good constantly adjust to the Air Fuel (closed loop) but the install sucks ampire clips or splicing into the harness. Also after looking into there install it appears they tweaking the TPS feedback to get there desired result. If dyno jet added this o2 sensor feature to the PC I would say buy it for sure, but unless there skipping something on the online install instructions I would skip terrycomp at this time. my 2 cents.

Additionally on the Rineharts I like the pipes and my bike is smooth as can be with no strange surges, flat spots or other tuning issues with my current PC map. The off the shelf map from PC did have some flat spots due to being overly rich.

Rich

Old 10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,738 Likes on 1,261 Posts

True Duals are worst pipes for power and Super Trapp 2 into 1 are best pipes for power. If you can chose cam, heads,exhaust as a package so that you know all are compatable with each other. Stay away from hi-compression pistons with todays quality of fuel or you will experience pinging [detonation]. Keep compression under 9.8 to 1 unless you carefully choose the correct cam. I learned the hard [expensive way] by letting dealer chose parts combination for me. He went with 10 1/4 to 1 compression and Andrews 37 cam. That combo pings from 2000-3000 rpm. I have since switched cam to Andrews 31 cam and couldnt be happier. 97 horse and 97 torque with 95" on Electra Glide Injected.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:17 AM
BaggerDave
Tourer

True Duals are worst pipes for power and Super Trapp 2 into 1 are best pipes for power.

Do you have any facts to back that statement up?

Old 10-31-2005, 02:02 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer

Nevermind, I figured it out!

Thank God for George at Dobeck Performance (Techlusion)! http://www.techlusion.com/

After spending a little time this morning playing with different settings, we got it dialed in perfectly!
What a friggin difference. The bike rocks now!
It seems the Doherty Power PACC was really looking for more fuel. The bike pulls strong from 2200-5000 rpm!

Old 10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer

[8D]

Quick Reply: Performance advice needed!