Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jell in OEM seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Junkout
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jell in OEM seat?

Has anyone had this done to a factory seat or aftermarket seat? If so is it worth the effort and expense?

Old 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM
ictghost
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my 2012 Ultra Limited used. The 1st owner had Gell-Pods added to the OEM seat (driver and passenger). I was a previous Goldwing rider and used an OEM seat on that. What I can say is, the Harley seat (with Gell-Pods) IS more comfortable that the Wing seat was. I know it's kind of apples and oranges, but I think the Gell-Pods improved the ride. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:34 PM
row jimmie
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a air hawk air pillow pad it works good it sets on top of your seat

Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,953 Likes on 1,758 Posts
Default Gel in Seat

Mean City Cycles does a seat mod like that,so does Astect Seats.. Travelman makes their seats with gel in them so does Royal Riding. I have a gel pad inside a sherling cover.It does help add comfort. After a while it was like you are sitting on a piece of meat, IMHO.. Personal preference,some love the Iso gel in their seats.. I've had a lot of seats over time, two of the best were a Russell Day Long and a Tom Simmons Original. Both are tailored made to your height and weight. Neither had gel. Both had iso foam in various densities,the Russell also had springs in it. I've had Corbin,Corbin Gentry, Ultimate, Wing Soft mods and Mustang to name a few more. For me it's the Russell or Tom Simmons if you want to ride long distances and be comfortable.

Last edited by TheMurf; 09-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Junkout
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone that replied. I'm looking into the mean city mod for a seat.

The following users liked this post:
My03flhti (09-12-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Circa58
Club Member
Received 378 Likes on 205 Posts

I bought a Saddlemen Dominator Solo seat with Gel and the good is that it is 100% awesome, the bad if there is one.... is that it moves you forward and up @ 1.5"

With that said, I rode from Indianapolis to DC with friends and back and never once was uncomfortable, 1500 miles round trip, then I rode from Indy to Sturgis and back, same think zero discomfort. Soooo I am sold on the Gel seat, at least the one that I have, but.... I use a Mustang Wide Solo for around town and only use the Saddlemen for trips

Old 09-08-2019, 08:07 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,009 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa58
I bought a Saddlemen Dominator Solo seat with Gel and the good is that it is 100% awesome, the bad if there is one.... is that it moves you forward and up @ 1.5"

With that said, I rode from Indianapolis to DC with friends and back and never once was uncomfortable, 1500 miles round trip, then I rode from Indy to Sturgis and back, same think zero discomfort. Soooo I am sold on the Gel seat, at least the one that I have, but.... I use a Mustang Wide Solo for around town and only use the Saddlemen for trips
Ive Harley reach seat. And I like the way it moves me forward and I’m able to flat foot. But I get tail bone pain. Is saddlemen seat just like Harley reach seat minus pain free ? Lol. As long as I can keep everything that Harley reach seat has minus pain, that would be awesome. I looked at sending reach seat to MCC but it’s really pricey mod at $400. And what if I’m not happy with it. Harley reach seat puts me down 0.8 “ and 1.5” forward. That’s perfect for me. Wonder if saddlmen be the same

Old 09-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Dgigear
Advanced
Received 39 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my 07ultra seat redone and added gel. It was really nice. It did have a break in period.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:18 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I had Astech do gel and memory foam mod to my stock SGS seat. Major improvement . While they were doing it I had them add gator grain to the center insert looks good.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:33 PM
TXPHNDL
Cruiser
Received 101 Likes on 56 Posts

Try a beadrider. There's reasons why iron butt and other long distance riders use them.

The following users liked this post:
BigDogIdaho (09-08-2019)

Quick Reply: Jell in OEM seat?