Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To buy or not...Street Glide Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005 | 11:53 PM
trex_47e
|
Cruiser
Default To buy or not...Street Glide Opinions??

I just sold my Dyna Wide Glide and am looking at getting a new bike to work on thru the winter (personalizing). I sold the Dyna to get a bagger. Any opinions on the new 06 Street Glides?? Thanks.

Old 10-28-2005 | 11:58 PM
Detour
Road Captain
Default RE: To buy or not...Street Glide Opinions??

The new Street Glide is an awesome bike! I was looking at them and the Classic, but ended up ordering the Classic strictly because of the comfort and lack of the tour-pack on the StreetGlide. Ride them both, you won't go wrong with either.

Kurt

Old 10-29-2005 | 12:44 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

Yea The street glide is a pretty nice bike. I love mine but am still going to change more stuff to "personalize" it. But I say go for it, you could buy any of the bagger's offerd by HD and not go wrong. Good luck, make sure you get what you want and dont settle for they got.

KB

Old 10-29-2005 | 01:21 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

The street glide gave me exactly what I wanted. It's my first hog but I tried them all I was going to go with A road king but I need tunes

Old 10-29-2005 | 01:30 AM
jdag
Tourer

I would strongly recommend the Street Glide. I've had 3 HDs, and they've all had their positives (Fat Boy, Deuce, and now the SH). This bike is a great mix of style, comfort, and even practicality (those saddlebags hold a lot).

All of the baggers are great, and the Street Glide is getting a ton of publicity because it is new. But for me it was exactly what I was looking for. I was considering an Electra Glide Standard and then converting it to the SG look. Biut the 1st time I saw a picture of the SG I was sold.

Old 10-29-2005 | 01:33 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

Ditto what everyone has posted. It's my first Harley and I love it. Does everything I need and has the look I was after.

Old 10-29-2005 | 01:50 AM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain

The street glide is a nice bike, but the popularity is too strong right now and the prices are a little higher than normal. Supply and demand don't you know. I have the Ultra and I love all of the room you get and the extra set of speakers is nice too. I would say ride them all and you decide.

Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/494/DDE1B78E53594DF09FD3134B169BB184.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-29-2005 | 03:30 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

all baggers are cool!!

Old 10-29-2005 | 10:52 AM
trex_47e
|
Cruiser

Would anyone have reservations buying a bike NEW with 133 miles on it already? My all thought to all those test drives, would be the break in on the engine. Did they get up on it because they could on the test drive. Just some thoughts rolling thru my head before I go buy the bike.

Thanks for all the input.

Side note.......anyone familiar with the Power Commander III's. If I put on a stage I kit and true duals later, can I just put a Power Commander on and remamp without taking it back to the dealer for a reflash?

Old 10-29-2005 | 06:42 PM
Detour
Road Captain

Trex, I've heard different opinions on the break-in of new engines, and I'm inclined to go with what the MOCO recommends, but this is a piece you may be interested in...

New Engine Break In

Kurt

Quick Reply: To buy or not...Street Glide Opinions??