Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fat Cats

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Fat Cats

Who's running D&D Fat cats? Are you satisfied? I see that Zippers claim Fat Cats gave best numbers dynoing with ThunderMax. I'm going to replace the Rieharts soon, three times for rear pipe cracking is to much.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:21 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: D&D Fat Cats

I have a Fatcat and it rocks. They have a distinctive sound of their own, and they bark quite nicely when you walk on them. I also have a thundermax and mines tuned in ratherwell and works like a charm. Great fit and finish to these pipes. Read up on the clamps for the muffler as you might have to make a little slice with a hack saw blade at the front of the muffler so the clamp can apply enough throat pressure to tighten up where they muffler and pipe meet. It's an easy thing to do and there are a few threads on tightening the D&D Mufflers. Just do a search.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:26 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put a FatCat on my bike a couple of weeks ago, and I also put in the quiet baffle.

Great quality in the build of the pipe, great fit and finish, the sound is amazing.....deep rumble while you are cruising and a great sound when you twist the wick.

Power is super smooth, and they are very well known to produce some of the best dyno curves of any exhaust out there.

Being my 9th exhaust in 2 years, I have a bit to compare it to.........and the Fatcat comes out on top.

Steve

Old 07-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

This might soundstrange, but Ihave a 2007 Ultra that I put the Supertrapp 2:1 on and love the performance, but not happy with the heat. I have installed a ThunderMax with Autotune along with a Doherty air cleaner and talked with Zippers several times and the rear pipe gets hot! I am usingmap 391 which is the best at this time.At times I can go for a putt and come back and notice the rear pipe has a faint glow. I had the stock exhaust on and was happy and the bike ran cooler! But like everyone else I wanted more! I have sent the stock exhaust off to be ceramic coated inside and out with 1600 degree coating. I would like to go with a 2:1 pipe for performance, but don't want this problem with the glow/heat!!!! Are any of you using D&D fatcat with the O2 sensor? What are your comments

Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

I have a Fatcat and it rocks.
That's what I've been saying since I got my 1st one in late 2002.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 AM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking your rear head is very lean. If its so hot your pipe is glowing, something isn't right. I have the FatCat with O2 sensors and i'm using the DTT, no glowing here!!

Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Steve, that FatCat looks PHAT on your bike.[sm=smiley20.gif] Best looking 2:1 fo sho!

Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
cwilks
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had my SG dynoed with the Fatcat............it picked up 20 ft.lbs. of torq. between 2000 and 3000 rpms over the Rineharts (motor's been stepped on pretty heavy ). The only problem I have is between 3 and 4 I get a dip (mines a carbed bike) and my dyno guy says he's seen it before and its the pipe BUT with 115 ft.lbs. I'm not really noticing it . Fit and finish as mentioned above are outstanding and the sound with either baffle (I have both) is waaaay cool. I'm done buying pipes

Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

Steve, that FatCat looks PHAT on your bike.[sm=smiley20.gif] Best looking 2:1 fo sho!
Yes, I agree..............it looks the best and sounds the best and performs the best.

I too am all done buying exhausts

Steve

Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,
I have th Fatcat on Mine (thanks to Phil) and this pipe is blows My old Rineharts away.The fit and finish is second to none.The sound is awesome.The performance is awesome.I'm no longer thinking about a new pipe.I've found the perfect one.Glideman nailed it,this pipe rocks!!I had the bike dynoed with the 95" and the tq shot straight up.I'm a believer!!

Quick Reply: D&D Fat Cats