Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 FRONT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 FRONT SUSPENSION

Ive been thinkin bout upgrading my suspension along with lowering it. On my fxr I have a racetech "gold valve" set up and love it. The responsivness is phenominal. So I figured I would look into running a similar setup on my roadglide. Upon further investigation I read in hot bike(vol 39, no 7 ) that after 06 H-D went back to revised damper rods and also added pop off valves. They are claiming these valves are the same thing as the race tech gold valves. So with this info Im assuming i dont need to switch to the racetech set up being that the HD pop off valves are the same things ?? So this all being true- can I go ahead and install a factory hd lowering kit and assume my front end will be high performance ? Also would switching to a race tech synthetic fork oil be a good idea as well ?? Thanks in advance guys !!

Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
creep1
Road Captain
Default RE: 07 FRONT SUSPENSION

?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
creep1
Road Captain

anyone?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
US Rider
Cruiser

Shortly afer purchasing my '07 SG I took it to Race Tech and had it lowered and emulators installed. It was the first '07 they had worked on.As I was waiting they brought in the HD valves to show me along with one of their valves. The Race Tech valve was much more substaltial. They were pretty amused. As to how much better their valve works I couldn't say, but it was like a Hummer sitting next to a Jeep.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
creep1
Road Captain

What was more substantial, the size? What did race tech say as far as them side by side?

Old 07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
creep1
Road Captain

also whats the difference between gold and non gold ??

Old 07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: creep1

also whats the difference between gold and non gold ??
Here's the deal on the HD emulators from a front end guruon the forum. It appears that HD took some of Race Techs earlier design emulators and that's what's in the 06 andup front ends. They are not exactly the same but almost. Also from the guru one should not mix and match Race Tech emulators with Progressive springs, that combo might be too soft. If you want to use the Race Tech valves use their springs. If you want to use Progressive springs use the HD valves from a 06-07 part #46209-06 Don't ask me too many technical questions about it, I'm just passing along the info that was given to me and I think I have it right. Hopefully, He'll do a drive by on this thread and bail me out if I posted any wrong info. If I did my apologies[&o]

Old 07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
creep1
Road Captain

thanks- hopefully he will jump in on this !!

Old 07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traxxion Dynamics makes an outstanding front catridge suspension - ACS-20 .

I know a few folks who have made the switch and rave about it. They will make it to length , not cheap but well worth it , they install . They are in Woodstock ,Ga near Atlanta.

I'm going with them as soon as the budget allows , with a 1" drop. Normally you'd be grinding with that , but not an issue with this .

Old 07-14-2007, 08:36 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default RE: 07 FRONT SUSPENSION direct bolt on

A suggestion. I did not try and make a heavy, outdated stock Harley front fork by putting a (good band-aid) on it acceptable. I started with good inverted forks, re-sprung, shimed and re-valved them. Comes with a pair of 6-piston calipers and an I personally upgrade to 12.6" dia. set of floating rotors (your choice). I made the triple trees and all adapter to fit any FL model. Direct bolt on, no special tools needed & easy conversion. The end result is a 26 degree rake, 3,14" of trail with front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, 14-way adjustable rebound damping and 13-way adjustable compression damping. As far as drop, just unloosen the pinch bolts and lower the tubes. I will be at Sturgis with a bike. The smoothest ride of any Harley I know about. Seeing is believing!
Below is a photo of the forktubes and trees naked without any other parts to show details.
Howard, motorcyclemetal.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/139676CFD5B64A64AADF4E652D7BC3DF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 07 FRONT SUSPENSION