Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 SG “forward controls”

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019 | 09:04 AM
toxicstang99
|
Cruiser
Default 2012 SG “forward controls”

So I’m about 6’4”, and my legs are just getting too cramped up with the floor boards. I have highway pegs but they aren’t fun going 80-85 with the wind blasting them. I really want to move the boards forward or get forward controls. I saw someone post something like this.... anyone have any ideas or recomendations?

Old 07-31-2019 | 10:17 AM
Hammerdown77
Tourer

Check out the Tall Boys Cycles footboard relocation brackets. Lots of posts on here about them, many in the Ultimate Tall Riders Thread in this forum.

They move the boards forward 2" AND lower them 2" in the front and 2.5" in the back. All of your other options are just going to move you forward, which is no different than your highway pegs, it doesn't really get your knees even with or lower than your hips.

I just ordered a set and should have them by this weekend, but like I said, lots of tall guys running them here who already posted pictures and reviews.

I'm 6'5", 37" inseam. I'm also on a police seat, which raises you up 3" over stock. That alone is night and day difference from the low seat that came on my Road King. My knees are level with my hips now.

Old 07-31-2019 | 11:09 AM
toxicstang99
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hammerdown77
Check out the Tall Boys Cycles footboard relocation brackets. Lots of posts on here about them, many in the Ultimate Tall Riders Thread in this forum.

They move the boards forward 2" AND lower them 2" in the front and 2.5" in the back. All of your other options are just going to move you forward, which is no different than your highway pegs, it doesn't really get your knees even with or lower than your hips.

I just ordered a set and should have them by this weekend, but like I said, lots of tall guys running them here who already posted pictures and reviews.

I'm 6'5", 37" inseam. I'm also on a police seat, which raises you up 3" over stock. That alone is night and day difference from the low seat that came on my Road King. My knees are level with my hips now.
Thanks! I will have to check it out.

Im actually in a LePera barebones solo seat. It has lowered me down but it pushed me back about 3 1/2 inches, which I like stretching my arms out. I really like sitting low so I deal with it. Now if I could just move the boards forward. Down and forward 2 inches would be perfect.