Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FLHTK momentarily lost power, check engine light came on

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 12:21 AM
defiantdadeo
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2013 FLHTK momentarily lost power, check engine light came on

Tonight while riding with a friend going about 45mph my bike hesitated (lost power) for 1/2 a second and then the checl engine light came on. The bike continued to ride normal. We got to were we were going and I pulled the codes, P0131, P1353, P1356, P1510, P2127, P3138. After pulling the codes the check engine light went off again and hasn't turned back on while riding. I looked at all the codes and it seems like a lot going on. I have read some stuff about bad connectors and using dielectric grease. Anyone have any ideas, or experience with this? Thanks

Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

I have heard of and seen one myself, where the negative cable was loose on the battery from the factory. Have you recently replaced the battery? Worth checking.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:10 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 4,364 Posts

Originally Posted by defiantdadeo
Tonight while riding with a friend going about 45mph my bike hesitated (lost power) for 1/2 a second and then the checl engine light came on. The bike continued to ride normal. We got to were we were going and I pulled the codes, P0131, P1353, P1356, P1510, P2127, P3138. After pulling the codes the check engine light went off again and hasn't turned back on while riding. I looked at all the codes and it seems like a lot going on. I have read some stuff about bad connectors and using dielectric grease. Anyone have any ideas, or experience with this? Thanks

When a vehicle throws a code that clears, it could be: a one time glitch that will never appear again, a voltage drop, a symptom of something that is about to fail, or an intermittent problem.....

Of all those things, a voltage drop is the easiest & cheapest to check out. I would start with checking the battery, connectors (especially connectors of anything related to the codes), and grounds....

Good luck with the repair...

Old 07-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Tjroadie
Cruiser
Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Similar problem on my 08' flhtc dirty connections get out the dielectric grease.