Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopped Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019 | 10:37 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DanHappy
Sorry to hijack, but, whose mirrors are those?! I like them and always been searching for a set to go underneath my bars.
Any update for me?

Old 11-14-2019 | 12:16 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

So I wanted a tourpak for my Road king. I bought a used Mutazu right here for $50 and use it every day. After daily commuting/riding and about 6 or so years of service, it's falling apart. The latch and one of the hinges broke. I fixed the hinge (NOT pretty) and just don't latch it down anymore. When the latch was in one piece it vibrated really bad. I painted it myself using Shopline brand paint. That looked good up until early this year. Now it looks horrible. All the clear is peeling off. Not sure why.

So to replace this clunker I bought a fiberglass shell from cavalry customs. You can get a king or chopped pack. It's pretty nice. I'm building it up from scratch and am putting on HD heavy duty hinges and latches, kuryakyn luggage rack, and an E-Glide goodies tour-pak brace. I had the lock made to match my ignition too. I bought a fancy wrap around light bar for it (HD OEM) but it doesn't fit. As best I can tell, the tourpaks they sell are close to the 2013 and down HD one. Lastly, I had C&C custom seats make me a black passenger backrest with black pearl studs to match my Mustang seat.

When you buy this tourpak, all you get is the fiberglass tub and lid. No holes are drilled. Plus, you have to paint it yourself. I'm going to paint mine using PPG paint this time. I'm waiting on a couple more parts, then I have to design a custom mount to bolt it to the bike. When that's done, I'll make some paint fixtures and shoot it. Should be ready by January if everything goes according to plan.

Carl