Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Scottys RoadGilde
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problems

Just curious to see if anybody else had any problems with their radio. I have 06 RoadGlide and one day I was on the way to work and noticed the display was blank. The radio still played but nothing on the display. I got an apointment with the dealer for 2 weeks later. Went on a overnight ride and in the morning the display was working. As I rode it started to dim, then flicker, then gone again. On apointment day guess what, it was working. They said they coouldn't fix it if they didn't see anything wrong. (probably thought I was a crackhead). Late in the day they called and said when the tech rode it the display didn't work. They ordered a reconditioned one for it. Oh yea, they also replaced the broken front motor mount,, WTF???? I just don't like the whole reconditioned thing and the motor mount thing freaked me out.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Radio problems

Saw last night that the red background light is out for no particular reason. I still have the characters so I can read it in daylight, though. It's under warranty and there's no way they're going to replace it with a used one.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Have you upgraded your radio software yet? There were some known problems with the'06 HK radio (1st year bugs), and a software patch was distributed on-line or at the dealership. I would suggest updating the software first before replacing the unit.

ORIGINAL: Scottys RoadGilde

Just curious to see if anybody else had any problems with their radio. I have 06 RoadGlide and one day I was on the way to work and noticed the display was blank. The radio still played but nothing on the display. I got an apointment with the dealer for 2 weeks later. Went on a overnight ride and in the morning the display was working. As I rode it started to dim, then flicker, then gone again. On apointment day guess what, it was working. They said they coouldn't fix it if they didn't see anything wrong. (probably thought I was a crackhead). Late in the day they called and said when the tech rode it the display didn't work. They ordered a reconditioned one for it. Oh yea, they also replaced the broken front motor mount,, WTF???? I just don't like the whole reconditioned thing and the motor mount thing freaked me out.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Pearl Glide
Cruiser

Both problems are numerously reported. Either take the "reconditioned" radio or do as I did on my 06 Roadie, replace it with an aftermarket radio. Then sell your "reconditioned" HK radio on ebay for what ya spent on your new radio. The motor mount is a rubber mount. Just like a car motor mount, the rubber will beak down from the torque of the motor.I have 20k mile on my 06 REG and have had one front motor mount changed and suspect I will have to change it out again real soon.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
billd76
Novice

My 06 RG radio has the same problem, dealer replaced it, but after having it back about twoweeks, it's doingthe same thingagain, onlymorefrequent. Will check out the upgrades and see if that fixes it. Other wise will put in an after market radio.