Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ELECTRAGLIDE OR STREETGLIDE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ELECTRAGLIDE OR STREETGLIDE

ORIGINAL: soos

I have an 06 ElectraGlide Classic and I went detatchable on the tour pak and put a lowering kit on the rear. Monday thru Friday, I have a StreetGlide and on the weekend I have an EG Classic and I am paying for just one scoot.
I think this is the best option, and this is coming from someone that has a 07 street glide. I love the street glide, But If I had it to do over I would go the same route as soos. I would go with am 07 or 08 EG classic. If you get the 07 just make them put the IDS on it befor you will buy it

Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Kajz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an 06 SG that was totaled in Feb. In may after i healed up, i got an 07 Ultra. Had detachable hardware added and a 8" windsheild. Tourpak stays on most of the time for the Mrs.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Easyglide

As one post noted, I also have the Electra Glide Classic with the detachable tourpack. I even added the black painted air cleaner cover and a night train timer cover to blacken it up more.

I did not see it mentioned, so forgive me if I missed it, but an EGC and SG ride differently. The SG has slammed shocks which gives it a lower profile and more of a performance suspension ride. That's not better or worse than the EGC--just different.

I spent a day on both and went with the EGC. But they are both excellent bikes.
Sorry, but I have to dissagree with that one...how does one get a "performance" suspension out of taking what are already marginal shocks on touring bikes, and removing an inch of travel?...my E-glide Classic is so-so ridin solo, but loaded up with 2 on board it is downright hairygoin into highway sweeps with expansion joints....can you say "squirrily?"....

Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Ultra_Bob
Tourer

Back to the start.. After reading your post.. I believe you are leaning more towards the EG.
Go for the gusto... buy the '08 SG!! Enjoy life, ride a shiney new bike. There isn't any minor or major problems with the TC96 that money can't fix.. [sm=trust_me.gif]Really.. I'd want the SG, they are cool!! What's 20k now-a-days? Peanuts..

Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

In response to Freedom fighter. First ask yourself "what am I going to do with the bike" is it for riding down to the local handout, one maybe two trips a year? Do I want to be able to take several trips a year in comfort? Do I need room for the wife/gf????....this will help in making your decision....I've owned 20 Harley's, everything from a 51 Pan hard tail, sporty's, Classic, Ultra Classics, FXLR's, shovels.....not to mention all the other brands....are you a tourer or a cruiser????

Of all of the bikes I've owned, the FLXR was the best handling Harley, a blast in the twisties. NO, It's not a sport bike, but it was a lot of fun. BUT, no rear seat, no bags....moved to a '90 EC, sweet bike...moved to Ultra...now we're talking....all the creature comforts.....and I like the creature features.....

Buying a 07 EC this week....I have a 2007 goldwing trike for the "our" bike...it's the most comfortable for MY wife, not necessarily yours, but mine....the EC will be the "ME" bike.....

It'll do all I ask of it. I too was looking at the SG, but I like the tourpac......they're damm handy to have. ANd I like the chrome on the EC, hey I'm a chrome junkie....

So, answer some of the questions for yourself, biggest being What do I want out of the bike.....then make a choice and go for it....

Everyone here for the most part is happy with what they ride and will of course say get the SG, get the EC, go for the UC......but that's them and me.....

The bike is for YOU and not me or anyone else here.....

keep us posted and be safe.....

Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

I vote for the E-Glide . Just bought my second one { "07 FLHT Standard } in early July, and LOVE IT .