Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 GTS Navigation - Locations and Waypoints

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 07:41 PM
bcomes
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 GTS Navigation - Locations and Waypoints

Has anyone else had either of these two problems while using routes created with Ride Planner?

1) The information screen (a subset of the navigation screen) that shows you the distance, time and ETA to the next waypoint (shown on the left side of the screen) as well as the distance to the end of your trip (shown on the right side of the screen) BOTH show the same distance, travel time and ETA. Both sets of information show the distance to the next waypoint even if there is an end point (end of trip) beyond the upcoming waypoint.

2) I can't get it to load anything more than the route than from the start point of my trip to the first LOCATION. I can travel to the first location (through many waypoints) and at that point, navigation stops and the system just shows me where I am and has no knowledge of any route. The manual does say that it will only load the first leg of a trip but doesn't say how to get it to advance to subsequent legs. After reaching the first location and it appears it has stopped routing, I have tried loading the trip again and it only loads the first leg. For now I'm creating my rides with only a start point and an end point (I have waypoints but no intermediate LOCATIONS) in order to get it to load the entire trip.

All my software and firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks for any clues that you might be able to share,

Brad

Old 07-08-2019, 04:39 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,447 Likes on 3,222 Posts

If i remember correctly, I've loaded routes that took you to the first leg also, and then stopped. When i looked in the stored routes menu, the next leg of the trip was listed separately. I started that route and it took me on the second leg. Same thing at each leg of the trip.

After that trip, I quit putting locations or destinations in the middle of my ride plans. I now use a starting point and end point, only using waypoints in between.

Hope this helps..

The following users liked this post:
robbie52 (02-28-2020)
Old 07-08-2019, 05:35 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by bcomes
Has anyone else had either of these two problems while using routes created with Ride Planner?

1) The information screen (a subset of the navigation screen) that shows you the distance, time and ETA to the next waypoint (shown on the left side of the screen) as well as the distance to the end of your trip (shown on the right side of the screen) BOTH show the same distance, travel time and ETA. Both sets of information show the distance to the next waypoint even if there is an end point (end of trip) beyond the upcoming waypoint.

2) I can't get it to load anything more than the route than from the start point of my trip to the first LOCATION. I can travel to the first location (through many waypoints) and at that point, navigation stops and the system just shows me where I am and has no knowledge of any route. The manual does say that it will only load the first leg of a trip but doesn't say how to get it to advance to subsequent legs. After reaching the first location and it appears it has stopped routing, I have tried loading the trip again and it only loads the first leg. For now I'm creating my rides with only a start point and an end point (I have waypoints but no intermediate LOCATIONS) in order to get it to load the entire trip.

All my software and firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks for any clues that you might be able to share,

Brad
Locations become end points of individual trips made from the overall trip. When you down load the trip to the bike, it puts the ride in as individual trips with different names When you get to the first location, you have to call up the second trip, etc. If you want it to be one continuous ride, you need to only have one start and one end and everything in between only way points. This is not an intuitive approach and hopefully the H-D Rideplanner will be improved to make it more so.

It is suggested you rename each part of the trip to make sure you know the sequence so you can call each part of the ride up in order (eg;, XYZ Part 1, XYZ Part 2, etc.)

There is new software just recently released that fixes a lot of bugs. M20.19...... Verify that this is the latest you have installed.