Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fiberglass Bags!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
topshop
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Fiberglass Bags!

They do cover the pips on the sides up. With our pre cut outs it will fit upto a 4" without and hassle

Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
topshop
Banned

Klock werks makes a killer back fender for these bags

Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose you can get them setup for exhaust on either both sides or just on the right...???...

What about differnet size / shape muffler tips?

I am eager to see some mounted up too.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's great to see companies (especially American ones) coming out with innovative products. These bags probably wouldn't work for me personally since I like the chrome pipes showing, but I would be interested if you guys ever do a thinnerbag that was a little more streamlined than the stockers...maybe 2 inches or so thinner-I think that could look really good on a Street Glide or road king, even if I lost a little bit of storage space. Injection molded pockets built into the tops (with some sort of snap down) would be very cool also!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: topshop

Just to let you all know that we here at Top Shop are excited to bring a new custom bag out for your baggers! We are soon tobe featured in American Bagger for an installationguide and a press release.
Holy freakin wow, how cool is that.If you would like to check out our bags you can go to www.topshopheadliners.com and go to the Harley Bagger section and take a peek at them.

These bags fit the 93 to Present Harley Baggers and are vacumm injected not hand laid, with this process we make the bags lighter and stronger that most bags that are out there. What is vacumm injection, well it is where you put the fiberglass in the design and lay a silicon mat down with little ports for the high grade resins to flow through. Then when you apply vacumm pressureto the bag it forces the resin into the fiberglass soaking every figer in resin so you don't have pin hole in the parts.
We also offer a carpeted inside and painted bags as well.

I hope to here from the Harley Community!!

Thanks To Everyone,

Justin B
While the idea of light-weight is good for me, what are you going to do with a FL that most people lower 1" than try to corner. I fully appreciate your efforts in bringing a new and cheaper (cost wise not quality) product to the market, handling concerns should be addressed. Choppers are nice to look at, however, not my choice to go riding (I mean RIDING) with. Making a bagger that hampers cornering is counterproductive and there are already to many bikes that are parking lot queens. I am not dising your product, just 35 years of riding experience. If you make them aerodynamic, carbon fiber or light weight as well as functional bag, count me in. Vacuum bagging is good especially with unidirectional glass & a good coring. Don’t need to make them thick for strength. I am a player for my new FL I am building, one not made for the parking lot. An aerodynamic detachble front fairing (cuts the air like a Hayabusa) would not be a bad product either. Good choice in picking American Bagger for advertizing in, nice people & good magazine! Good luck with your endevors. Howard, motorcyclemetal.com see ya @ Sturgis, Main Street

Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
topshop
Banned

When they come out of our molds they are 100% smooth backs. We cut them out here if the customer wants one side smooth or one cut out or both cut. It will fit upto a 4' pipe out the back. I am getting some pictures for the shop in souix falls, SD Pico's. our painter paints 6 pairs a week harley stock black for our customers.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
topshop
Banned

When we hand laid the bags before and sold about 20 pairs the customers. The customers said there is no problems in turning and hitting. These bags that we close mold inject are 5 pounds each Stock is way heaver.There is a guy here at our shop that in going to do a low run of carbon fiber bags.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
topshop
Banned

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

ORIGINAL: topshop

Just to let you all know that we here at Top Shop are excited to bring a new custom bag out for your baggers! We are soon tobe featured in American Bagger for an installationguide and a press release.
Holy freakin wow, how cool is that.If you would like to check out our bags you can go to www.topshopheadliners.com and go to the Harley Bagger section and take a peek at them.

These bags fit the 93 to Present Harley Baggers and are vacumm injected not hand laid, with this process we make the bags lighter and stronger that most bags that are out there. What is vacumm injection, well it is where you put the fiberglass in the design and lay a silicon mat down with little ports for the high grade resins to flow through. Then when you apply vacumm pressureto the bag it forces the resin into the fiberglass soaking every figer in resin so you don't have pin hole in the parts.
We also offer a carpeted inside and painted bags as well.

I hope to here from the Harley Community!!

Thanks To Everyone,

Justin B
While the idea of light-weight is good for me, what are you going to do with a FL that most people lower 1" than try to corner. I fully appreciate your efforts in bringing a new and cheaper (cost wise not quality) product to the market, handling concerns should be addressed. Choppers are nice to look at, however, not my choice to go riding (I mean RIDING) with. Making a bagger that hampers cornering is counterproductive and there are already to many bikes that are parking lot queens. I am not dising your product, just 35 years of riding experience. If you make them aerodynamic, carbon fiber or light weight as well as functional bag, count me in. Vacuum bagging is good especially with unidirectional glass & a good coring. Don’t need to make them thick for strength. I am a player for my new FL I am building, one not made for the parking lot. An aerodynamic detachble front fairing (cuts the air like a Hayabusa) would not be a bad product either. Good choice in picking American Bagger for advertizing in, nice people & good magazine! Good luck with your endevors. motorcyclemetal.com, motorcyclemetal.com see ya @ Sturgis, Main Street

Howard,

do you know ,urdoc jones at american bagger?

Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM
topshop
Banned

These bags have less than 2qts of resin in each

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Cannon00000
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think these bags are a GREAT product! FOr the most part everyone has their pipes visible on their bagger. This is a really bad *ss way of setting your bike apart other than chrome.

Two Thumbs Up!

Quick Reply: New Fiberglass Bags!