Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:50 PM
user 37474839
|
Banned
Default J&S Jacks

(I posted this in the General Harley section but though I'd post it here too)

I purchased a J&S bike jack last week and received it this afternoon.. [sm=smiley20.gif] Now, I've never done a post promoting a product here on HDF and I honestly don't know Jim and Steve with J&S from Ben and Jerry. I will say though that the J&S jack is awesome. Not only does it raise my bike higher than my other jack, but I honestly don't feel I need to use tie downs with it either. I can also spin it around around in my garage easilyand my Street Glide is 730lbs+.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking about a bike lift, I would highly recommend the J&S jack.

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:58 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: J&S Jacks

I have a J&S jack as well and love it.

Jim

Old 07-11-2007 | 07:47 AM
LockNut
Cruiser

I have one and it is rock solid.Also, the oil pan adapter works great.

Old 07-11-2007 | 07:58 AM
hubble
Tourer

I have one too and love it. I started with the Sears yellow jack,

but after the first time I used it I decided to take it back. Bike was just not very stable, it kind of wobbled.

Got my money back andthen boughtthe J & S. It's great.

Old 07-11-2007 | 08:03 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hubble

I have one too and love it. I started with the Sears yellow jack,

but after the first time I used it I decided to take it back. Bike was just not very stable, it kind of wobbled.

Got my money back andthen boughtthe J & S. It's great.

That is exactly what I am doing. Just gave the Sears yellow jack a try last night and didn't like it. The J&S was already in the plans if the yellow jack didn't work

Old 07-11-2007 | 08:36 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

If I were in the market for a jack today, I'd probably go with this J&S jack. It's gotten awesome reviews. But ole yeller does the job for now.

Old 07-11-2007 | 08:53 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master

have had a J&S for about 6months now. Unbelieveable. I wheel it out and jack up my bike when washing it so I can get underneath and do the pin-stripe white-walls. Use it all the time with my bike. Unbelieveable jack. I've put my '07 ultra up on it... and sat on the bike.... it just doesn't move at all. Really quality jack and ... well yeah it is more expensive than the "Yellow Jack" but can't even compare the 2 really. It is a really awesome jack and couldn't imagine using any other jack for my bike.

Old 07-11-2007 | 09:10 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Do you need to straighten the bike up before you lift it like ole yeller? How easy is it to lower it down? The only anxious moments with ole yeller is lowering it.You have to be reaaaal careful not to twist the handle too fast oryour bike will be on the express down elevator. Get's your attention!

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

have had a J&S for about 6months now. Unbelieveable. I wheel it out and jack up my bike when washing it so I can get underneath and do the pin-stripe white-walls. Use it all the time with my bike. Unbelieveable jack. I've put my '07 ultra up on it... and sat on the bike.... it just doesn't move at all. Really quality jack and ... well yeah it is more expensive than the "Yellow Jack" but can't even compare the 2 really. It is a really awesome jack and couldn't imagine using any other jack for my bike.

Old 07-11-2007 | 09:19 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master

Newp.... just slide it under the bike which is on it's jiffy stand. and it lifts the bike and easily straightens the bike out right on the jack. Lowering it .... I just open up the valve and let it slowly come down. before the front tires make contact with the ground I typically turn the bars to the left so it is positioned 'normally'.

One really nice thing about the J&S (and I'm sure others might have this) is I have the drain pan attachment so you just put the drain pan on the jack when the bike is up and easily drain all 3 holes for fluid changes.

The locks for the stand are also great. 2 nice firm locking bars to keep the stand from 'coming down' in the event of a bottle-jack failure. Easy to wheel around in the garage with the bike on it.

I've had 0 issues with the jack and 100% confidence to jack it up... and get up on the bike and sit on it. (have done this a few times adjusting my hiway pegs).

The lowering part ... it is a 'valve' on the bottle jack and you don't 'twist the handle' as there are no long handles on this jack. you just reach down to the valve connector (they have put in a "Y" connector to the valve so you can easily twist it open or close with 2 fingers) and give it a lil twist counter-clockwise and it lowers as slow or as fast as you want. I find those jack where you twist the long handle..... you often have to 'crank' on it initially to start the 'decent' which can make the vehicle lurch a lil (have a nice 3ton for my cages). With this you are directly accessing the valve in the bottle-jack itself and as long as you didn't 'crank hard' to lock down the bottle jack when you jacked it up ... then it is easy to just twist a lil for it to lower.

Old 07-11-2007 | 09:34 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info icemAN, now I have to exercise self control and not log on to the J&S website and buy one.

Quick Reply: J&S Jacks