Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer info misguided??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Beancount1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dealer info misguided??

But won't the slip ons alone give a small boost in power.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:49 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the parts guys will sell you parts thats their job, the service dept is the ones that deal with your bike hands on. they also have to deal with your warrenty, they also have to deal with the moco. to make it easier on them to have to deal with any thing is to tell you no it wont help.
will all 3 changes help? you betchya it will

Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beancount1

But won't the slip ons alone give a small boost in power.
In theory you may have a slight increase. The reality of it is that you won't notice it. Those mufflers can only move the amount of air that the cleaner allows to enter the system. A restricted air cleaner won't let enough air in............

Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 PM
dircha
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beancount1
Just scheduled my 5K service on my 07 RK. Asked about performance upgrades (pipes, fuel mgt., ac). Service mgr said that none of those upgrades will reduce the engine heat. Also said that just by adding the SE pipes performance will be improved, don't need ac or SERT, etc. That goes against everything I've read on this forum. Should I look for another dealer for the service?
A real common performance combination is the Stage I Kit coupled with SE slipons (removed links cause they didn't work - go to HD accessories page and select the Screamin' Eagle category). You'll get a new EFI download along with this.

Any dealer should have no problem getting this done for you, and it will noticeably impact performance.

As others have yet, if you want to go to aftermarket slipons or full exhaust you are looking at some kind of EFI module addon like the PC III or a replacement EFI like the Thundermax. If you want to go this route and don't want to do the download yourself, check it out with your dealer first or try to find a dealer or indie shop that is more knowledgable about performance tuning.