Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Mono Tubes VS Legend Axeo's

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:03 AM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts
Default Progressive Mono Tubes VS Legend Axeo's

I'm currently running a set of mono tubes, the standard height version with one clip. Probably have several thousand miles and after fiddling with the clips they have served me well. I'm swapping out my chrome lowers for a set of hot legs and I'm considering a set of Axeo's while it's torn down.

I've researched some threads and it seems like once the preload is determined on the Axeo's they are a hit. However I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has had both. Are the Axeo's basically twice the price better? Lowest price I can find is $875....

thanks!

Old 04-28-2019, 11:47 AM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Subscribed...

Thinking of making this ‘upgrade’ as well. The progressive monotubes are OK, but given the fact that I tend to keep my bikes for a number of years, better handling is money well spent IMHO.

I was very happy with the progressives in my 09 ultra, they don’t seem to work as well in the 2018 FLHTK.

I’d be interested to know if going to Legends Revo-A in the rear would offer anything over the pro-action I have now.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:44 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,093 Likes on 655 Posts

I think if you’re happy with the Monotubes, save you money and keep them.

With that being said, I had the Monotubes in my 04 RK and never really liked them. The ride was stiff and they made weird noises when compressed. I have the Axeo cartridges in my 17 RGS and like them a lot. Smooth but not mushy, stiff when they need to be, and very little brake dive. The handling is better than the Ohlins FKC102 cartridges I had previously. I have yet to regret purchasing them.

Take that for what it’s worth. Just one dude’s experience.

The following 2 users liked this post by SWThomas:
lionsm13 (08-19-2019), rauchman (04-29-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 03:47 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,093 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by binford6100
Subscribed...

Thinking of making this ‘upgrade’ as well. The progressive monotubes are OK, but given the fact that I tend to keep my bikes for a number of years, better handling is money well spent IMHO.

I was very happy with the progressives in my 09 ultra, they don’t seem to work as well in the 2018 FLHTK.

I’d be interested to know if going to Legends Revo-A in the rear would offer anything over the pro-action I have now.
I have the Revo-A shocks on my 17 RGS and like them a lot. I replaced a pair of Ohlins 2-2b shocks with the Legends for the added adjustability and have been very happy.

I have zero experience with Pro Action so I can’t compare them with the Revo-As. But I seriously doubt it would be worth your money to replace your Pro Action shocks with anything else on the market.

The following users liked this post:
binford6100 (05-01-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 06:18 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

Idk? But the progressive stuff is barely a step up from factory and that ain’t sayin much...... I’d go with Legends or Pro-Action any day of the week over Progressive and twice on Sunday

Old 04-28-2019, 06:20 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
Idk? But the progressive stuff is barely a step up from factory and that ain’t sayin much...... I’d go with Legends or Pro-Action any day of the week over Progressive and twice on Sunday
What are you running for front suspension now?

Old 04-28-2019, 06:32 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
What are you running for front suspension now?
Been running Legends Axeo kit on the front and 13” Pro Action Shocks in the rear since 2015. Been more than pleased with it and haven’t felt the need to **** with it since.

Ive had progressive front end kit in a 2007 Night rod and all it did was stiffen it up. Didn’t really provide any feedback in terms of handling. Didn’t bottom anymore but didn’t provide any comfort either. Wasn’t really impressed with the overall kit compared to other options out there.

Still running Racetech Goldvalve/spring kit in my Hayabusa and just recently put the same setup in my 94 FXR.

The following users liked this post:
sanman4ever (04-28-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 06:42 PM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
I'm currently running a set of mono tubes, the standard height version with one clip. Probably have several thousand miles and after fiddling with the clips they have served me well. I'm swapping out my chrome lowers for a set of hot legs and I'm considering a set of Axeo's while it's torn down.

I've researched some threads and it seems like once the preload is determined on the Axeo's they are a hit. However I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has had both. Are the Axeo's basically twice the price better? Lowest price I can find is $875....

thanks!
$875 seems pricey. I found some for $699 shipped from New York from a place called wicked Cycle.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Look at Suspension technologies.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:45 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Idahokid
$875 seems pricey. I found some for $699 shipped from New York from a place called wicked Cycle.
Do your research and you can find deals on it. Lots of websites do specials or promos during holidays where U can get 10-15% off and or free shipping.

Far as price wise yeah it is pricier than the progressive kit but you get what U pay for 9 times outta 10

Quick Reply: Progressive Mono Tubes VS Legend Axeo's