Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying new related questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:01 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: buying new related questions.

ORIGINAL: Phil

I've yet to hear of any dealer selling invoice, much less UNDER invoice...
OOPS, good catch. I used the wrong nomenclature there...I meant MSRP--not invoice. []

Bored Stiff; My guy is always willing to do a dealer trade if he doesn't have the model and/or color you want. Last year, when he couldn't find me a silver Wide Glide at any nearby dealers, he did a search and found two that were about 200 miles away and had no problem with me buying from one of those dealers.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:53 AM
zzrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I found out is December is the slowest month for dealerships. So lots of them run promotions to move bikes this month. I got my Electra Glide at MSRP, but got $1000 of free accessories. Things I was going to buy anyway, so I counsidered it $1000 off MSRP. I do like it that it was the closest dealership to me also. Jusr due to the fact that I can ride over whenever I have a question. They are a good bunch of guys and gals.

Research the board about trying to get warrenty work done at different dealers, other than where you buy a bike at it, seems to be a pain. Also look at add ons such as pipes etc. It seems some dealers try and void warrenties if these were added (even by dealer) after the bike is bought.

Mine had the accessories added before I took pocession of the bike so they cant deny warrenty. Just do your research. Try and get the best price, but a good warrenty and dealer is more important......my 2 cents

Old 10-30-2005, 09:50 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went through the experience of buying new. Best I could do was MSRP with no setup or freight. It helps if you are friends with someone who is a regular customer at the dealership. My friend introduced me to the salesman, and he offered free setup and freight right off the bat. I checked around and no other dealers would beat that deal.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:53 AM
navyman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is also something to be said for buying your bike at a dealer relatively close to home. When you need service or warranty (and you will probably need it at some point) it will be much more convenient.