Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuelpack fp3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:30 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
While I agree V & H service and support are second to none, the FP3 does not rival a Power Vision. I have ran both and find the Power Vision to be superior to the FP3. That is the experience I have had, YMMV.
. ...I have both as well..power vision hands down..no comparison IMO.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Budda109
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Because?

Originally Posted by memphisharley
. ...I have both as well..power vision hands down..no comparison IMO.

Why hands down? Why soooo much better? What features or maps or anything make it better? Very general statement. No specifics. I have a FP3. Have stage one. Has made my bike perform better. Added gas mileage, speed/quickness. Throttle response. More horse power, what can I get with the commander thingy? That I want or should have? Or is it based on what you you need? Or can figure out how to use? I have looked at both. Don't have both. No advantaged I can see that would help me which are not provided already? Ride safe.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

PV not for everyone..if fp3 fits your needs..thats great! I like to tinker. have you read up on the capibilities of both?

Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
You're certainly free to offer your opinion, but the FP3 is a fully capable fuel management system that rivals anything Power Vision offers in their fuel management system. Vance & Hines service after the sale is second to none.
I have to laugh at this one and call BS. I was running an older V&H Fuelpak on my '06 and couldn't get a good map from V&H after a cam install. The bike just didn't run well through the rpm ranges and had poor mph. After getting 3 canned maps from them, with none of them working out, they told me that I needed to look at getting a better tuner or do a dyno.....Straight from V&H. I had only installed Andrews 21 cams. One of the most used cams for 88's out there.

Enter PV from Fuel Moto: bike runs awesome and pulls like a freight train. PV for the win

Old 04-11-2019, 07:32 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Ok, everyone put their boots on the sh*t is getting deep in here. OP wants to know where he can buy a FP3 for a good price. Not try to convince him that your tuner is better. With hearsay and no proof of one being better then the other. Sh*t on that case why has no one said buy a Thundermax $1000.00 tuner should be better then any other tuner . Why did those that bought the PV not go with the Thundermax as well? Seem to be short changing yourselves. Sometimes these forums are like politics . You either agree and follow in my way or I'll bash the product your using or want to use.. STFU~

Same with tires, brake pads, oil, seat, handlebar, LED lights, Ciro, custom dynamics, etc... whatever you choose someone will bash it and say it's no good use MINE! instead it's better.
Similar to an oil post, tire post, what trans oil to use post, what primary oil to use. There will always be someone to smack your choice down and say theirs is better.

But understand V&H is a new company only been around maybe a week or two. they are kinda clueless on how all this horsepower and stuff works...

The following 3 users liked this post by GriffinDenim13FLHX:
craigffb (04-12-2019), seoris (04-12-2019), White Ice (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX

But understand V&H is a new company only been around maybe a week or two. they are kinda clueless on how all this horsepower and stuff works...
My apologies, you are correct, V&H is the best thing since sliced bread <snicker>

OP- I hope that you find the deal that you are looking for

Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 AM
blackglide49
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fp3

Originally Posted by jacksons1998
going to buy a fp3 where is the cheapest place to get one. i know direct cycle parts used to be cheaper but they went up. thanks
direct cycle parts still seems to be cheaper. I made an account and added to cart and it was better than everywhere i looked. saved almost $100

Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

The nice thing about the FP3 is IF you are not going to have it professionally tuned, and your components are listed in the database, plug in in, flash the bike and you're done. Perhaps do a few tuning runs, but not really necessary.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:25 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
......... Similar to an oil post,...
....... ooooh, ya just had to go there dint'cha
........ tough enuff to decide which tuner is better so the OP can determine where to get a cheaper FP3
............ now we gotta bring oil into the discussion ?

The following users liked this post:
RedOregon (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by r0de_runr
The nice thing about the FP3 is IF you are not going to have it professionally tuned, and your components are listed in the database, plug in in, flash the bike and you're done. Perhaps do a few tuning runs, but not really necessary.
I agree. I actually had a good tune for stage 1 and when I went to stage 2. Cheyne tweaked my tunes 3 different times and did a good job.
I have nothing bad to say about the fp3 as it served me well.

Quick Reply: fuelpack fp3