Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEARING SHORTS and bees dont mix!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Tuco
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WEARING SHORTS and bees dont mix!!

ORIGINAL: GGC

Unlike My fellowforum friends,ride naked if you want to,this is America, I strongly believe in freedom of choise! Glad You didn't get stung!
Best post yet.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

You have to love to subtleness of the phrase "heading north". I had a bug somehow get down my back a few weeks ago and I got about 3 bites before I killed it. I am sure it looked interesting to the folks in cages watching me ride, get bitten, and trying to kill it.
Glad it got it before it got to far north.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Got to admit, I'll slip on a pair of shorts to run a quick errand, but on serious rides, no shorts. I do recall once riding south through Florida, before I lost my leg, that a bee stung me in the chest. I think it went in around my neck.

I am allergic to bees, at least I've had reactions in the past. Loose all my strength, just after a "tingly" feeling goes all over me. Well, I stopped the bike under an overpass and while I sat there, 5 bikers pulled up around me. They were CMAers. Asked if I had broke down. Told them no, a bee stung me and I was waiting to see if I was gonna react.

I was glad that those guys sat right there with me while I waited. One of them said "Lord, help our brother be alright." I realized he had said a little prayer for me. As we waited I asked the usual biker questions. They eventually told me they were ridng down for a CMA function. After about half an hour, I figured I was gonna be okay and I was. I road with them the rest on the way to Destin. I'll never forget that first time I ever meet folks of the CMA. They were quality people.

Now, I am a member of CMA (Calvary Riders, of Columbus, Ga / Phenix City, Ala) and hope one day to help another as those 5 guys helped me.

Hack

Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool story Hack!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Speaking of Bees I have a funny story. I had a lowrider about 20 years ago and was riding along a busy secondary highway when I felt something hit me in the throat. A short time later I felt something sting me about three timesunder my left nipple, so I tried to grab it and smash it while pulling the shirt out. While still in motion I pulled the shirt up around my neck, but couldn't get it off because of my helmet. Got to the shoulder and of the road, took off the helmet, inspected the shirt and didn't see the bee. Put my shirt back on and got back on the bike. When I sat down I felt something stinging me in the crack of my ****. It had to be quite a sight to see me, 6'2", 240 lbs, ponytail halfway down my back and a beard halfway down my chest standing there on the side of the road with my drawers around my ankles smacking myself on the ****.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dougbk

Speaking of Bees I have a funny story. I had a lowrider about 20 years ago and was riding along a busy secondary highway when I felt something hit me in the throat. A short time later I felt something sting me about three timesunder my left nipple, so I tried to grab it and smash it while pulling the shirt out. While still in motion I pulled the shirt up around my neck, but couldn't get it off because of my helmet. Got to the shoulder and of the road, took off the helmet, inspected the shirt and didn't see the bee. Put my shirt back on and got back on the bike. When I sat down I felt something stinging me in the crack of my ****. It had to be quite a sight to see me, 6'2", 240 lbs, ponytail halfway down my back and a beard halfway down my chest standing there on the side of the road with my drawers around my ankles smacking myself on the ****.
Something as small as a little ole bitty bee can sure make you step lively, no matter how big you are, huh?

Hack

Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
SLP24
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dgriffith

Not trying to steal your thread, D175, But when is some body going to make a pair of mesh riding paints like the moto/cross jackets are made out of??? Would offer protection and air flow in all weather. Dan
I'll have to see if I can find it again, but years ago I did have a full suite that was crash resistant and fully vented for Hot Weather Riding. Had lots of body armor built in and I met a number of riders who owned them and went down. All walked away from the crash.

I eventually out grew the suit and it was so expensive I didnt replace it.

I'd like to hear from anyone thats been down. What were you wearing? I had a Leather Jacket and Leather gloves, jeans on the lower half and Leather Boots. Car cut me off and I hit hard. Bruised and Broken, but not a single sign of Road Rash. I'd prefer something better than jeans now, but thats the least I will wear.
FYI: I tourder through Az, Tx and Ca. during July with leathers.

As far as a helmet, I had a helmet before the accident that was brand new. 1 week I had it I was hit with a stone kicked up by a car in front of me. Saw it coming and couldnotdodge it. I proudly showed off the chip that left in my helmet.

Everyone has a right to ride any way they want, but if you have even been down with flip flops and shorts, you probablywouldnt even be onthis forum