Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEARING SHORTS and bees dont mix!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WEARING SHORTS and bees dont mix!!

Hey Dalton,

Nice ride man, what model of rims do you have on it? Been looking to get rid of my spokes and those look like what I was looking for.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: redhwk44
I suppose all you safety conscious folk in here never ride with out your helmet either... No, I didn't think so.
Actually....no, ah don't. Then again, ah DID heavily participate in the fight ta repeal the TX helmet laws. Because ah think ya SHOULD wear 'em doesn't mean ah think ya should be FORCED to! Same with wearin' shorts - please note that while ah encourage long pants, ah ain't gonna belittle ya for it. Ah might tease ya, might encourage ya ta wear long pants - but it IS yer choice.

It's a two-way street, fellers - ah'll speak my mind, but it's YOUR choice ta do as ya will. One other thing ah shoulda mentioned MUCH earlier - carry Benadryl or similar in case of an alergic reaction to a sting...

Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
D6CS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wear what you want its your freedom of choice ...but to the BEE thing, you were lucky.. I have a friend who is alergic and carries a injection needle with him. He had a bee hit him , fall into his jacket and shirt but "luckily" his back was sore that day so he had on his velco back brace. Thebee was nailin it hard when I pulled him out.

I've had a few, but the worst was just inside the helmet at my ear, in heavy downtown traffic, so I had to take it till I could turn off........ ouch

Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Snort
Road Captain

I have to say this... It's a freakin' bee. It hurts a little and unless you are allergic it won't kill you or make your arm rot off. It's not worth crashing and burning over.
And yes I've been stung before, sometimes by one, sometimes by over 20 at a time.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Seawolf
Tourer

Girly men wear shorts. lol

Be a man, leather up.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:28 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

Yopur dang lucky he didn't get ya. Yes its a free country Ride anyway you like. But me I'll take a jeans rount 100% of the time no matter hot. Cany easyly change once I get to where Im going. But glad your ok. Take it easy out there its a tough world with lots of lil critters just looking to catch a ride on a nice bike.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wear whatever you want. I see people here in GA wearing shorts all the time. It seems pretty stupid to me.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two tours in Nam, shot twice, stabbed once, 258 jumps, two tours in Force Recon and a tour on the drill field at Parris Island... As you can tell,I am not the brightest bulb in the batch,so I will take stupid as a compliment!!quote]ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

Wear whatever you want. I see people here in GA wearing shorts all the time. It seems pretty stupid to me.
[/quote]

Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Snort

I have to say this... It's a freakin' bee. It hurts a little and unless you are allergic it won't kill you or make your arm rot off. It's not worth crashing and burning over.
And yes I've been stung before, sometimes by one, sometimes by over 20 at a time.
been there done that-mowed over the top of a ground hornets nest-straight up the shorts

also caught a scorpion in the ol ball sack WHOOOPPEEEEEEEE

Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

JMO.. but, shorts are for bikes without motors. I was wearing jeans when a bee comes over the windshield and hits me in the chest. The vortex sucked him back up to the inside of the windshield and he smacks it again, and then lands right in my crotch... AND HE'S PISSED BY NOW!! I looked down for just an instant, to see where he was and what his intentions were. Unfortunately, I was just entering into a curve. That little sucker cost me $17,000 all together. $13K in actual damage, and then I put some extras on it while it was in the shop. Good thing was, the wife and I were OK. I sure hope that little bee got squished!!

Quick Reply: WEARING SHORTS and bees dont mix!!