Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOM! GTS and Sirius Travel Link

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 06:27 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts
Default BOOM! GTS and Sirius Travel Link

Just got a new bike with the 2019 BOOM! GTS. Called Sirius to get the radio going and they said the radio does not support the weather, fuel and traffic option. The radio shows these options (though greyed out). Is Sirius misinformed or is the radio really not capable...??

I'm gonna call HD support in the morning but wonder if I'm getting smoke blown up the rear from the wonderful Sirius Philippine support staff.

Man, it's hard to communicate with folks when English is their third language...

Old 04-07-2019, 08:04 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,989 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Yep, Idiot at Sirius. Everything with them is a pain in the ***. Thats what happens when your the only choice.

Yes, you have a traffic and weather. It took a friend four calls to get it activated. I have not activated my trial yet, I will middle of April, so I have it for both my summer bike trips.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:50 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I finally gave up trying to get mine activated. Was told everytime I called their system is not compatible with HD.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:56 PM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you try to do it online with Sirius?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 AM
plongson
Road Master

Originally Posted by dcfatboy
Can you try to do it online with Sirius?
I tried that idea and it was a dead end too. Gonna call HD today and see where that goes. If all this is not bad enough, Sirius only gave me 2 trial months rather than the 3 that I'm entitled to!! And I had to argue for that!! They said the radio was not eligible for a trial. I don't trust Sirius one bit...HD is going to hear about that too...

Old 04-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 540 Posts

Call and talk to a supervisor at Sirius. When I had my ‘17 CVO everything went smooth. Another story on my ‘19. I already have an account as I have Sirius in 2 other vehicles, For my ‘19 after the first call everything worked as it should. A couple weeks later the traffic/weather grayed out. Then after 2 months the radio quit working. Called and got the same story as you, 2 month trial. I ask for a supervisor and he reactivated the radio but no traffic. So I called back about 2 weeks ago and got a lady named Jamie, first language was English. She said the problem is the information that receive about what is included is different from what Harley says we get. Also traffic and weather are only available with the full access package and all of that is expensive. Short of the story Jamie was GREAT. First she gave me a 1yr radio subscription for $4.99/month. Then she went back in and activated traffic and weather for $3.99/month. Last 2 weekends it has worked really well.
Not sure who to blame in all of this but my experience tells me it’s Sirius, while I really enjoy their channels their service has continued to decline through the years.
Good Luck...

Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,989 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by plongson
I tried that idea and it was a dead end too. Gonna call HD today and see where that goes. If all this is not bad enough, Sirius only gave me 2 trial months rather than the 3 that I'm entitled to!! And I had to argue for that!! They said the radio was not eligible for a trial. I don't trust Sirius one bit...HD is going to hear about that too...
HD is getting lots of complaints about Sirius XM. Lots being told the same thing, not compatible. Call HD customer service 1-800 number for corporate.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

I know for my 15 i had to call about the inland marine package to get radar. It was a different number.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Did the activation online for mine last year as previous subscription was over but still had account. Weather and traffic worked fine for the whole period.

Used the online chat feature this weekend with customer service to get set up for this year. Great deal on their select plan (140 or so channels) for $5.99 for 12 months, no reactivation fee, and weather $1.99 per month.

I'll cancel when the weather gets bad and renew again next year.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:57 PM
plongson
Road Master

Well...I got the correct Sirius trial, Traffic and Travel Link..weather, fuel prices etc. WHAT A ROYAL PITA...I first called HD and they essentially said it was out of their hands and to call Sirius and ask for a supervisor...which I did.

One hour and fifteen minutes later and FOUR LAYERS of Sirius (lack of) support, we got it going. Happy me...

1.) Sirius kept telling me the BOOM! GTS radio would NOT support Travel Link
2.) Sirius said it was an aftermarket radio and NOT factory installed
3.) Sirius ran the vehicle VIN and the radio ESN did not come up, they ran the ESN and the VIN did not come up
4.) Sirius had EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE why they could not add Travel Link and Traffic.
5.) Level 4 support was a technical person and it still took her 20 minutes to work it out.

Hopefully this will help someone else...This is how you deal with Sirius.

1.) Be polite, stay polite!
2.) Keep insisting to talk to a supervisor at every level of support
3.) The key in the end was...
a.) they NEED TO KNOW IT'S A Harley Davidson MOTORCYCLE
b.) they need the vin and ESN for the radio
c.) they MUST force an overide in their system to send the Boom! GTS the signal, and only a supervisor or tech person has that authority.
4.) Plan on spending 1-2 hours on this issue
5.) Have the bike out in the open with a clear view of the sky on ACC. and turn off your bluetooth on your phone if it's the one connected to the BOOM!

GOOD LUCK...It's BEYOND frustrating
Paul

The following users liked this post:
dcfatboy (04-08-2019)

Quick Reply: BOOM! GTS and Sirius Travel Link