Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 06:07 PM
hangnman
Tourer
Default RE: has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?

Too much front brake got me last week..bad habit of mine..when loaded down it happens very fast!!

Old 07-09-2007 | 06:42 PM
PhoenixClassic
Cruiser

Question for you guys that dumped 2 up - how'd you get her back on the bike?

And thanks for the links on the proper lifting techniques.

Old 07-12-2007 | 12:35 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: PhoenixClassic

Question for you guys that dumped 2 up - how'd you get her back on the bike?

And thanks for the links on the proper lifting techniques.
We were 600 miles from home. Walkingwas not an option. Later that nite we laughed and joked about it.

Old 07-12-2007 | 01:56 PM
flht69
Cruiser

What happened to all you guys when "THE ACCIDENT POLL THREAD" was up?
I made this statement and thought that I must have been the only one to ever drop a bike. <grin>

Any one that considers them selves a biker has gone down!
If they say they haven’t, then ether there lying or they don’t ride….

Dropping a bike is all part of the learning experiance. As this thread states you will learn the right way of going down and how to get back up. There is much more to learn about going down. One of my favorites is the wallet. I'll bet most people think it's for keeping you money and cards in, right. Nope, Mine is for that time that I have to go down sliding on pavement. I'll try to put my right butt cheek down and slide on the wallet. There are all kinds of things you can learn to do just in case the unexpected happens.

Old 07-12-2007 | 01:58 PM
flht69
Cruiser

-Deleted-

Old 07-12-2007 | 02:34 PM
baldjohnny
Cruiser

Slow speed, gravel in driveway, too sharp of turn and down she went. First thing to do is look around to see who saw it... Some of these stories are pretty funny, it's amazing what adrenaline can do when you're embarrassed as hell.

Old 07-12-2007 | 04:40 PM
Gregte
Advanced

Years ago some of us attended a police MC course hosted by Harley et. al.right here in Milwaukee. Imagine that. If you didn't drop the bike (Eglides and FXRP's I believe) during the 2 week course you weren't learning!!! They had their own mobile garage with them and everytime someone broke something the mechanics would fix the bike right on the spot and away you went. Unless you were broke!

It's to bad the average rider can't learn the way they taught you. You would never do what they had you do using your OWN BIKE!!! so only those that were able to do this with someone elses bike got the real benefits. By the time you were done and knew EXACTLY the way a big bike handled, how to clutch/brake/throttle just the right way and how far over that big bike could lean you were making UTURNS w/in an 11' traffic lane both on the fly and from a dead stop and braking to a dead stop in a straight line from 60mph and keeping the bike up!!!. Funny thing is is that it is a very perishable skill.........don't know many of us old guys that can do that anymore.

Old 07-12-2007 | 06:48 PM
beemer737
Tourer

Twice inside 60 seconds. It was raining, wearing a wetsuit with overboots over my boots, came to a stop in the parking lot, put my foot down, foot slipped, bike down. I'm glad someone posted the right way to get a bike up, cause my bud told me "his" way to get the bike up, turn the wheel to one side, lock the front brake, apply some throttle/little clutchin 1st gear, bike should roll forward and up. Remember the raining slippery part? After I stopped with the bike onthe other side of the bike, I turned her off and we lifted her back onto the jiffystand. Dumbest idea i ever tried. Oh, one small scratch under engine guard.

Old 07-12-2007 | 07:08 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member

I've dropped every bike I have owned at least once. I learned along time ago that there are two kinds of bikers. Those that have been down and those that are going down. I've dropped the EG twice in gravel once with the wife on.

Old 07-12-2007 | 07:30 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

dropped my road king. my mother in law came down to visit and wanted a ride. got myself all set and she got on from the left side, put her left foot on the board and paused. well the weight of her caused me to drop the bike. little scrates on the clutch handle and the highway pegs took most of the scrapes.

Quick Reply: has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?