Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 03:17 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Default RE: has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?

yeah,did it twice in frt of my guys at work-emberrassing. then i dropped it doing 40mph thru a fog bank straight into a cow pasture. two weeks in hosp me and wife-dont know if anyone laughed bout that one tho!!!!! whew!!!!!LOL

Old 07-08-2007 | 03:52 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep, 3 times.

1st - Coming to a stop late at night coming home from work and was in center of lane(where oil and grease are) and it decides to lay down. Once it starts that, not much you can do.
2nd - Wreck where someone turned left in front of me. [:@]
3rd - On trip with wife. Pulled into gas station to get some water. Was admiring the Fatboy next to me and forgot to put down kickstand.

Old 07-08-2007 | 04:16 PM
jrbean1
Tourer

I have notice that too with stock heritage bars. I replaced my on my road king. You have less control at slow speed turns then the stock RK bars. I thought it was just me. But I like the way you sit with the heritage bars. So i think I will just try to be more carefull. I almost dropped my bike at stop sign. My leg hit the passager foot deck. Still trying to get use to not enough leg room when I am walking the bike some. Let me tell you that was a sh*tie feeling when that happen.

Old 07-08-2007 | 04:26 PM
mchildree
Road Captain

3 times for me so far....all three times with the wife aboard, trying to stop on uneven ground. My legs are short enough that even a couple of inches of misjudgment, and over she goes. I'm learning to watch where I stop a lot closer.

Old 07-08-2007 | 05:02 PM
mazeppa
Advanced

I’m a member of the Hall of Shame.

I've haven't dropped or laid a bike down in about 6-8 years, but about a month ago I was at a fuel stop with a level surface, getting ready to put the jiffy stand down, I'm not sure what happened but I just gently laid the bike down on its left side. No damage to the bike, just my pride, there were several people watching, I used the "Ride Like A Pro" video's technique to pick up the bike, acted real cool and nonchalant like it was no bid deal, but I was totally embarrassed. Minded my own business and got the heck out of there after Ichecked for any damage andfinished fueling up, but I did show all of the onlookers how to properly lift 800lbs of SG up by myself on the first attempt.

Old 07-08-2007 | 05:52 PM
smknflms
Road Master

..bout dropped my SG last night..managed to catch it before it went to the driveway, but in process of lifting about 750 lbs. more than my left arm can lift tore the s*** outa something in my left upper arm. It's all swollen and red.. been keeping heat.. ibuprophen and trying not to reach above my head all day.. if it swells anymore I guess I'll get to make another mercedes payment for my orthopod...I think I would of been better off easing it to the ground... combination of slight angle to my driveway, trying to be quiet and moment of inattention.
later

Old 07-08-2007 | 05:53 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser

I've never dropped an EGC. But I'm sure that's only because I've never been on one.

I had a 2004 EG Standard that hit the ground, usually practicinglow speed manuevers, more times than I can count. And my07 EG Ultra has been on the ground5 times in the last three weeks practicing the Police Motor Officer Course (dam keyhole exercise).

The engine and bag guards are awesome and totally protect the rest of the bike. Once you learn how to pick it up, it almost becomes fun.And once you see the lack of damage, it's easy to just step away from it as it goes over so you don't get hurt trying to save it.

Old 07-08-2007 | 06:01 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

Been there...Done that. Got the slightly scuffed bars to prove it!

Old 07-08-2007 | 06:03 PM
user 37474839
Banned

Great, even seasoned bagger riders here are dropping baggers left and right...including bryan, gunrunner.etc.- some multiple times too..reckon it's just a matter of time..(before I call my insurance agent and lower the deductible and order those saddlebag guards)..

Old 07-08-2007 | 06:36 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

dont order the saddlebag gaurds unless you like the look....on my slow speed drop it didnt hurt em even tho it rested on em....guess if i got down on all fours i could see a scratch but i'm leavin em off for now.,,

however on another post someone stated how much they liked the pass grab rails cause it was a great place to grab on to lift it....i've never seen the ride like a pro so i'm just makin an educated guess as to where to grab and how to lift it like a 90lb woman....i tell ya i musta got somethin wrong cause that damn bike was HEAVY

Quick Reply: has anyone ELSE dropped their EGC?