Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'19 FLHXS Handlebar Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 06:26 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by troopin
You can also go with the curved pull back riser. That’s what I did on my wife’s bike with the reach seat. Left the stock handlebars and it worked. It also saves you money since you don’t have to re run the wires in the bars. I believe the pull back both raises and pulls them back. That keeps the bars in the same position essentially. By raising them via the riser then adjusting them down to give you more pull back doesn’t really change the stock angle. Hope that made sense.
Under a Fairing????? That is what I did on my Heritage that put the bars exactly where I needed them but I was told, by the parts guy at the dealer, that you can not install risers under the Fairing. He said there is no room.

Edit: Pics please.

Last edited by FrankEV; 03-23-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:27 PM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn sorry your right my bike is a 2019 Street Glide Special. My wife’s is a 2019 Sport Glide. I got confused because I changed my bars (and a whole lot more) and her riser. The only other option I’m aware of is this but idk if I would want to relocate my switch. My apologies for getting your hopes up.

https://www.krausmotorco.com/product...ull-back-plate

Old 03-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Hawg Runner
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 237 Posts

Yes they are the WO579, and they do have them in black, but only flat black, if your a vet let them know and they will tell ya how to apply for a discount on your order, guessing a 2 inch back and higher, but you can adjust them to your liking, done moved them at least 4 or 5 times before I found where I like them. Tomorrow I will go out and take a measure to be sure, she is asleep right now.

Last edited by Hawg Runner; 03-23-2019 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added more info
The following users liked this post:
FrankEV (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:25 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

I have the Wild One Chubby Bagger Low on my SG, wife has the Khromewerks 2+2 on her SG.

I would say they are almost identicle in rise and pullback. Difference being the chubbies are 1 1/4 bars which I prefer. They only come in chrome and flat black. I was luckey enough to find a returned set on Amazon for 80 bucks and had them powder coated gloss black for 40 bucks.

I did have to add mirrors on the bars because my hands blocked the fairing mirrors.

I am 6' 2" and these bars are the best mod I have made to the bike. No more pain between the shoulders and they made slow speed maneuvering a breeze compared to the stockers.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:50 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster
I have the Wild One Chubby Bagger Low on my SG, wife has the Khromewerks 2+2 on her SG.

I would say they are almost identicle in rise and pullback. Difference being the chubbies are 1 1/4 bars which I prefer. They only come in chrome and flat black. I was luckey enough to find a returned set on Amazon for 80 bucks and had them powder coated gloss black for 40 bucks.

I did have to add mirrors on the bars because my hands blocked the fairing mirrors.

I am 6' 2" and these bars are the best mod I have made to the bike. No more pain between the shoulders and they made slow speed maneuvering a breeze compared to the stockers.
Not sure I would want to go with 1 1/4" bars...I have small hands. What year is your wifes SG and what is your verdict on the 2+2 bars?

Thanks

Old 03-24-2019, 07:47 AM
Hawg Runner
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 237 Posts

The bars retain the stock grips, it is only past the grips that they differ. Again I will say that I kept the fairing mirrors as I am also about 5' 4" - 5' 5" and seem to only see the top my knuckles in the mirrors the way I have them adjusted. Hope this helps, also I have the Industrial Grey Matte Street Glide Special and thought I would of prefer the bars to be gloss black, but a coat of wax on them before install and some Top Coat F11 and am good with the way they look on the bike.

Last edited by Hawg Runner; 03-24-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:50 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Not sure I would want to go with 1 1/4" bars...I have small hands. What year is your wifes SG and what is your verdict on the 2+2 bars?

Thanks
It's a 2015.

We both love the bars, not to high or back too far.

And as Hawg said, you use any grip that will fit stock bars on the 11/4 bars.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:13 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,015 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster

Question about ur wo579, have heard few folks complain or they don’t like how wide they are. I’m curious what do you think of that. Are they really that wide that it’s a problem? I’m ready to get rid of my khromewerks narrow 2+2, I’ve tried adjusting them every way but still get shoulder pain. Thank you