Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 roadglide extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019 | 08:32 PM
HDK
Tourer

Originally Posted by sweetglidez
I paid 1500 for 3 years and tire coverage thru H-D. New 19 covered bumper to bumper the life of the loan. Could I have done a little better, possibly but we had played tit for tat long enough at the dealership. Also if I have any work done In their shop(towing included). I do not pay a deductible.
You can get the Harley esp a little cheaper when you first purchase the bikes . It’s a bit higher down the road. The thing they try to sneak past you in a lot of cases is that the warranty you purchase when you buy the new bike starts that day and runs at same time as the factory warranty. So you purchase a 3 year warranty but really only get an extra year. To me that negates the benefit of buying it on the front end because a large number end up selling the bike or trading up before the warranty runs out. Better to wait til end of the factory period it seems.

Old 03-29-2019 | 11:47 PM
sweetglidez
Advanced

Originally Posted by HDK
You can get the Harley esp a little cheaper when you first purchase the bikes . It’s a bit higher down the road. The thing they try to sneak past you in a lot of cases is that the warranty you purchase when you buy the new bike starts that day and runs at same time as the factory warranty. So you purchase a 3 year warranty but really only get an extra year. To me that negates the benefit of buying it on the front end because a large number end up selling the bike or trading up before the warranty runs out. Better to wait til end of the factory period it seems.
true, you have to know what you are buying. It pays to ask the details. It was cheaper to me to buy it at the beginning.

Old 03-30-2019 | 11:11 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDK
it is incumbent on you to know what you are buying. they don't try to 'sneak' anything past you. they will tell you upfront that it is factory + x years. if you look at the pricing, you'll see that it is somewhat close for a 7 year esp on a brand new bike to the 5 year on a 'used' bike.

also, there are coverages that kick in immediately that your factory doesn't cover. like trip interruption, towing, or tire and wheel.