Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softbrake for Road King: +1 or +2

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 06:48 AM
2much2do49
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Softbrake for Road King: +1 or +2

Hi Everyone,

First post! Thanks for all the great knowledge everyone has shared! I love looking through the forum.

I've been searching the forums for opinions on a replacement for my 2001 Road King rear brake pedal. I've had the bike since October 2000 and have decided this needs to be replaced. I see a lot of users have used the EZ Brake, which I understand is no longer in business. I've also looked at the Kuryakin product, however, when I called they stated the brake pedal for my bike only moves the pedal forward about 1/2 an inch (and drops it 1/2 an inch). I'd like to have the brake pedal beyond the floorboard, and not directly above the end of the floorboard (if you understand what I mean). So that leaves me with the Softbrake product.

For those of you that have made this replacement, did you go with the +1 or +2, and are you glad you went with the one you did, or do you wish you went with a different length? I like the look of the +2, but am afraid it may be too far of a reach. I'm 6' and wear a size 11 shoe with a 30" inseam. In my riding boots my foot takes up the entire floorboard. I'm not running lowers, so that's not an issue. I still have the stock floorboard setup.

Thank you everyone for any information you can share. Not trying to start a "best synthetic oil" type thread here, but am just trying to determine what would be the best length to use since there are opinions all over the place. It seems everyone is happy with the customer service and quality of this product, but I'd certainly be open to cheaper options if there are any out there. It seems some folks have installed the Softbrake and later wished they went with a different length.

Thanks,
Ken