Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poker Runs And Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts
Default RE: Poker Runs And Bars

ORIGINAL: OldDays_OldWays

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt

You don't have to drink you know, and as for the rowdies let'em go, the law will see them and not you Myself I like'em the way they are I drink a few but don't get drunk [sm=icon_cheers.gif]and like to play pool at the bars and besides a non drinking poker run I think would draw a lot less bikes and money as the bars contribute to the net I think jmho.
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% against riding while intoxicated. But if someone wants to knock back one adult beverage while haning out at a stop, and then ride sensibly afterwards, it's their choice. Just as long as they're not intoxicated.
the problem is they don't just stop at one. drinking and riding is a very deadly combination. i personally won't ride if i've had one beer, unless it was like 3 hrs ago.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

Out of the many poker runs we have done only a few of them had bar stops. The last one we went on had zero bar stops or alcohol and had well over 500 bikes. Another one we went on that was also a dry run had probably close to 1000. Funny thinking back the ones that did have bar stops were always ABATE sponsored.
I'm a bar Owner and a Gold Abate Sponsor....Abate has all their stops at theirSponsors places....IMHO...That's how it should be....I stock alot of Non alchoholic brew for the runs, And I se;; it for cost.And have Hot Dogs/Snacks sitting out for free,To help a few of them sober up a bit.I'd like to see them at the next run .

Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know how wise it is to drink any amount of an alcoholic beverage and then ride. Just doesn't seem too smart to me.

Hack

Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
razehog
Advanced

Opinions are like a-holesI guess?everyone's got one. Myself, I don't drink any more when I ride......OR ANY LESS! giddeeup

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I don't ride in poker runs. I Don't like to ride with a bunch of people thatI don't know their riding habits and especially not a bunch of drunks that could possibly cause me to be involved in a wreak they cause while acting like a stupid ***.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: PA SILVERBACK

I'm a bar Owner and a Gold Abate Sponsor....Abate has all their stops at theirSponsors places....IMHO...That's how it should be....I stock alot of Non alchoholic brew for the runs, And I se;; it for cost.And have Hot Dogs/Snacks sitting out for free,To help a few of them sober up a bit.I'd like to see them at the next run .
thank you. really. i would like to see more places do this kind of thing.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Luckily there seems to be plenty of poker runs to go around so everyone can pick their poison.

The runs I don't like are the big "parades" where you have several hundred bikes riding double file. I've seen a lot more mishaps & near misses in those kinds of rides than at a poker run.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

First off, the hot dogs and non alcoholic beers, at cost, is a great thing. But remember, only TIME sobers someone up. I no longer drink, not that I wont start again someday. Right now, in my life, booze is not what it use to be.

Second, I ride alone or with a small group more than anything else. On the one (large)group ride I have gone on, it stopped at a bar. I hung out for a bit, but ended up taking off on my own. The others were to busy drinking. I still had a great time, I just find it more relaxing by myself. JMHO.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Mark
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Hack.

Mark

ORIGINAL: btefft

I don't know how wise it is to drink any amount of an alcoholic beverage and then ride. Just doesn't seem to smart to me.

Hack

Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Fearless1
Tourer

O'Douls all the way for me I haven't had an alcoholdrink in 10 years.

Quick Reply: Poker Runs And Bars