Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Cryswhite78
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing installation

I recently purchased a Vector fairing with the preinstalled stereo and speakers system, for my 2018 Road King. It has a 3 prong plug on the bottom(2 male 1 female) I've been trying to locate where it would plug in, and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know where to find the plug on the on the Harley? This is supposed to be a plug and play installation. However, they didn't supply any kind of instructions. I'd appreciate any help you have.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

A picture of the plug would be helpful.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:14 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Unless something has changed dramatically you won't find that plug on the bike. The fairing should have come with the other side of the plug that you have to wire in to your bike. Mine is a different brand but if I recall correctly one wire to + side of battery for the memory in the stereo. One wire to - side of battery for ground and the third wire went to keyed on power. I would take a pic but I'm away from my bike working. I'll be home in a week. If you have no lug pm me and when I get home I will take some pics for you.
Good Luck

Old 03-16-2019, 08:40 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Check wiring harness along side front of gas tank. Both sides should have a white connector with the three wires you need. You will have to get the other half of the white factory connector and terminals from your HD parts dept. to upgrade fairing wires. Once you locate white wire connector on your bike,check it out with a test light to make sure.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:27 PM
Cryswhite78
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by RevBlk
Unless something has changed dramatically you won't find that plug on the bike. The fairing should have come with the other side of the plug that you have to wire in to your bike. Mine is a different brand but if I recall correctly one wire to + side of battery for the memory in the stereo. One wire to - side of battery for ground and the third wire went to keyed on power. I would take a pic but I'm away from my bike working. I'll be home in a week. If you have no lug pm me and when I get home I will take some pics for you.
Good Luck
Thank you so much for your help. I contacted the manufacturer and was able to get the required wiring harness to attach to the battery. They somehow missed it in the packaging of my fairing. I should have it and be able to get it installed this week. Thank you again for all the help and replies.