Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

show me your phone or gadget mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:24 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,090 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
I use the Kuryakan Fairing Tech Mount.
Attaches to the fairing so it doesn't take up space on your handlebars.
I've used it for a couple years with no problems.
No drilling or modifying your fairing.
Easy to install and remove.
Hold my Samsung Galaxy S7 nicely.

That does look pretty good but not sure it would work with my windshield pouches. Perhaps though with a slight modification. Nice to konw about the phone. I also have a S7

Old 03-02-2019, 12:33 PM
fdesa
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm using the RAM xgrip for now but I'm looking for something else too (that is compatible with RAM *****) because I don't like the way my S8 phone fits due to the additional Bixby button on the left side.
The base mount is attached to the mirror mount on the underside. I just did this during the winter so it's not tested on the road but I like the semi-
discreet look. The RAM extension pole is 3 or 4 inches long I believe.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:55 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I have the IO mount from Klock Werks. Expensive, but worth it. I use magnet mounts in my car too, so disc is universal with my car/bike. I like that it looks clean when the phone is mounted and not mounted.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 PM
fdesa
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Is anyone using the Bike Gripper? They're made by Tech Mount for LawAbidingBiker.com

https://shop.lawabidingbiker.com/pro...ercontrolmount

Old 03-02-2019, 06:07 PM
miner999r
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 132 Posts

I have the Pelican Marine case for the samsung S9.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc.../marine/c38040

That case has water protection and seems to be very rugged.

I have ordered the RAM X grip mount to use this case with as a first try. It might not be the prettiest but my priorities are function and security; it should be secure.

If the RAM X mount doesn't work I might be tempted to try the Quadlock universal adapter with the RAM ball and arms, but I'm a little leary of depending double sided tape.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Bulrid8
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by miner999r
I have the Pelican Marine case for the samsung S9.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc.../marine/c38040

That case has water protection and seems to be very rugged.

I have ordered the RAM X grip mount to use this case with as a first try. It might not be the prettiest but my priorities are function and security; it should be secure.

If the RAM X mount doesn't work I might be tempted to try the Quadlock universal adapter with the RAM ball and arms, but I'm a little leary of depending double sided tape.
Miner, forget the universal adaptors. I tried it and almost lost phone twice. The adhesive they use lasted two days. Tried gorilla glue, that lasted 4 days. Then tried a two part plastic epoxy, that lasted two weeks.

Finally just bought their Samsung case. No problems since then. Quad lock is a great mount, just didnt do very well creating the universal adapter.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by fdesa
Is anyone using the Bike Gripper? They're made by Tech Mount for LawAbidingBiker.com

https://shop.lawabidingbiker.com/pro...ercontrolmount

im interested in one of these also

Old 03-02-2019, 10:59 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by DenisLM
+1 on QuadLock.
I also had the RAM and they work great, but is too high profile if you want something more slim...

How do you like the Quadlock for being secure, I also have a Road King and this caught my eye

The following users liked this post:
yabaybay (12-10-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 AM
Bluesman8028
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fdesa
I'm using the RAM xgrip for now but I'm looking for something else too (that is compatible with RAM *****) because I don't like the way my S8 phone fits due to the additional Bixby button on the left side.
The base mount is attached to the mirror mount on the underside. I just did this during the winter so it's not tested on the road but I like the semi-
discreet look. The RAM extension pole is 3 or 4 inches long I believe.
RAM makes a bigger X-Grip for larger phones, RAM-HOL-UN10BU, that fits perfectly on the S8 without obstructing the Bixby button. (Does anyone actually use Bixby?)
RAM Mounts Universal X-Grip IV Large Phone/Phablet Holder with 1in. Rubber Ball RAM-HOL-UN10BU RAM Mounts Universal X-Grip IV Large Phone/Phablet Holder with 1in. Rubber Ball RAM-HOL-UN10BU

Old 03-03-2019, 08:00 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesman8028
RAM makes a bigger X-Grip for larger phones, RAM-HOL-UN10BU, that fits perfectly on the S8 without obstructing the Bixby button. (Does anyone actually use Bixby?)
RAM Mounts Universal X-Grip IV Large Phone/Phablet Holder with 1in. Rubber Ball RAM-HOL-UN10BU
You can also disable the Bixby button. When you press it it doesn't do anything.

Quick Reply: show me your phone or gadget mount