Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

show me your phone or gadget mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:04 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Harley clock mount, hemisphere and IO mount magnet. I just change the case on the phone when I ride and mount the PV when I tune. Never had a device come off in 20K+ miles and too cheap to pay Klock Werks pricing on their perch IO device mount.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:34 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Just installed the Ciro phone holder on my throttle side this week. Quite pleased with this product so far. No blocking of mirrors or controls like some feedback seemed to indicate.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Here's pictures of the Rokform mount... I also have a cable run through my speedo/tach nacelle that connects back to my headunit. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but all of my gauges and headunit are fully visible while on the bike. No obstruction of view for any of them.

show me your phone or gadget mount-rulimyh.jpg

show me your phone or gadget mount-uwzcujj.jpg

show me your phone or gadget mount-6up36lw.jpg

show me your phone or gadget mount-kiul46c.jpg

show me your phone or gadget mount-wc4agqa.jpg

Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Ciro 3d fairing mount, with their phone holder. Dead centre on the fairing, no drilling, and convenient for power supply.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,089 Likes on 628 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Keep em coming folks. LIke I said, I don't want to mount to the bars or mirror or whatever BUT I want to see your solutions. I am sure I am not going to find exactly what I want and will have to put something together. I am betting I am going to end up with a mount base from one place (might have to make it) and then a cradle/case from another.

I do like the idea of that Rokform thing because of the twist lock case. I am still not against the idea of drilling my fairing to solidly mount a solution if I can identify/design something that will be useful and somewhat form fitting. I like the idea of the Rokform that is locking (sort of) and makes it easily removable. But I also like the RAM mount as if I use the right combination I could remove almost everything except for the smallest of bases.

I have the fairing apart now for a stereo upgrade so I am wanting to figure something out before I completely reassemble.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Manninagh
Ciro 3d fairing mount, with their phone holder. Dead centre on the fairing, no drilling, and convenient for power supply.
I have seen a couple of this type. I am quite curious on this and wondering how it works with a set of windshield bags.
also wondering how big is the ball on the end of that? I wonder if it would be compatible with others like RAM.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Grand HDF Member

Received 5,775 Likes on 2,363 Posts

Originally Posted by cprhed
I have seen a couple of this type. I am quite curious on this and wondering how it works with a set of windshield bags.
also wondering how big is the ball on the end of that? I wonder if it would be compatible with others like RAM.
I am wondering the same. I'm guessing that these gadget mounts are like holsters - keep buying until you find the right one.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by cprhed
Thanks for all the replies. Keep em coming folks. LIke I said, I don't want to mount to the bars or mirror or whatever BUT I want to see your solutions. I am sure I am not going to find exactly what I want and will have to put something together. I am betting I am going to end up with a mount base from one place (might have to make it) and then a cradle/case from another.

I do like the idea of that Rokform thing because of the twist lock case. I am still not against the idea of drilling my fairing to solidly mount a solution if I can identify/design something that will be useful and somewhat form fitting. I like the idea of the Rokform that is locking (sort of) and makes it easily removable. But I also like the RAM mount as if I use the right combination I could remove almost everything except for the smallest of bases.

I have the fairing apart now for a stereo upgrade so I am wanting to figure something out before I completely reassemble.
Skim over the Rokform site...you may find something that works for you. They have a lot of mounts that are applied with 3M VHB tape. When done properly, that stuff is ridiculously strong, especially if you use the 3M adhesion promoter.

Also, the Rokform mounts have magnets built in. Not only does it twist-lock into place, but there is a magnet below the twist-lock in the mount and the case. So really, it's like a fail-safe, if you will.

The following users liked this post:
cprhed (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 12:20 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

I was checking out their site and I think perhaps one of the car mounts might be just what I need.
https://www.rokform.com/collections/...car-dash-mount

Pair this with their stick on magnet and their magnet phone case and I might really have something.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

I use the Kuryakan Fairing Tech Mount.
Attaches to the fairing so it doesn't take up space on your handlebars.
I've used it for a couple years with no problems.
No drilling or modifying your fairing.
Easy to install and remove.
Hold my Samsung Galaxy S7 nicely.

Last edited by Hecklerboy; 03-01-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: show me your phone or gadget mount