Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wreck videos/photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:44 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wreck videos/photos

One of the things the internet has done is spawn tons of videos and photos of accidents, sometimes gruesome ones with death or severe injury. Im not talking about the kind where a guy showing off does a wheelie and drops his bike making an *** out of himself, those are kinda funny, Im talking about the kind where somebody is riding a bike and getsplastered to smithereens by a car or similar. Im wondering if anybody else is getting tired of them too? Im not preaching but man, some of this stuff is horrendous and I wonder why anyone would want to see it other than accident investigators. Its real sad when somebody loses a life, everybody is somebodys son or daughter. I know, just dont look at it. Thats not the point. Why would anybody want to look at it? You cant unremember some photos or videos. We all know the risks of riding and accept that risk. I told my parents, this is the only thing I do that has an element of risk, I dont skydive or bungee jump or whatever. I get alot of enjoyment on my bike, just cruising along country roads. Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wreck videos/photos

If it offends you so much I'm wondering why YOU want to look at it?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.rotten.com if you like this kind of crap, but after years of pulling dead bodies out of cars, bikes, plane crash, out of ditchs and trees I will let you all have it.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the majority of those who dig on such videos & pics are those with fairly boring lives. That's not an insult, just an observation. It gives the person a thrill in what is otherwise a humdrum, uneventful life.

Seeing someone splattered all over the road on a computer screen is a thrill to some, but it's still a long way from dealing with it in person. Images aren't the only thing you can't "unremember."

As Nightglide said- ya'll can have it. I've seen enough.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 There are some that have no idea what a dead body looks like, especially those in an isolated place of the world. They may be curious as to what it looks like.

2 There are folks that would use this example to show someone that rides, to create an image. There are times when I see an image in my mind when I start getting carried away, and stop cause the image comes to mind and reminds me. Maybe it doesn't work for you.

3 Some folks that insist on riding fast, can't deny that I'm not one at times, would use this to figure a way to avoid impact, or at least impact that would kill or permanently maim them. They may also be interested in what the bike looks like, and not even the body at all. Mention of the helmet is testimony that someone is thinking safety, when others aren't thinking of anything but, "ugh". I like to think scientifically sometimes, but then I try not to let folks lead me around by a nose ring also.

4 Someone can use this pic, the truck mounted rider, to show someone that thinks that the safety gear will do miracles, that it sometimes just doesn't help to have the gear on. That responsible riding is necessary.

5 Hey, it gives some folks an opportunity to raise some issues that they may like to discuss, like adults.

6 Bull fighting is pretty nasty also, but folks like to go watch it, don't they. If someone doesn't like a post, they should avoid it. If I was offended by every little thing someone said to me that seemed negative,

7 It's a motorcycle thing

Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM
redneckremi
Cruiser

I don't like to see any of that in a way of entertainment, but for me it isto remember that I am on two wheels and to be more careful when I am enjoying a ride. Just my two cents but if you notice most of them are on crotch rockets and young!

Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 PM
mtpoland
Cruiser

I look at the pics and vids to keep me aware of whats out there. I ride a whole lot safer today than I did 15 and 20 years ago. Some of the pics bring a new awareness to me to help keep me and my passenger safe. It's learning by the mistakes of others.
Iusually find myself sending out a prayer to thevictimsand their families.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

They ALLMOST give me as meny nightmares as college

Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
aj373ku
Cruiser

This is America azzhat..If you don't approve of it...THEN DO NOT LOOK AT IT. Stop trying to push you veiws and feelings and expect everyone to think like you.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech2
Tourer

It's the age of the internet. Like they say about the news: If it bleeds, it leads. I suppose it's a sign of the times. People have a morbid fascination with death, like looking at a train wreck. Most people can't look away.

I understand what the OP means by 'you can'r unremember' after looking at these pictures and videos. One instance that comes to mind is a guy I worked with, who also happened to work part time as an ambulance driver/paramedic. He was first on the scene, very often before the police. Well, he brought in some pices from a run he made, which involved a guy who committed suicide with a large caliber revolver. This was well before sites like ogrish.com and rotten.com, and I'll admit my curiosity got the better of me. Those close up images of the suicide scene and dead body are burned into my memory.

You won't hear me preach about it, but I believe it's an ethical question as to whether or not pictures and videos of that nature should be made public, without consent of the family. But again, it's a sign of the times. Imagine how much the video of the Crcodile Hunter's death would fetch on the open market. Millions, I would guess.

Quick Reply: Wreck videos/photos