Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get there from here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019 | 01:16 PM
SluggoMagoo
|
Tourer
Default Can't get there from here.

Here's a SNAFU if I've ever seen one. When I purchased the bike I had my dealer order a tour pack, garage door opener, and a security module. For the tour pack, I specifically ask for the same exact color as the side bags. It came in last week and Friday I went over to look at it. It has silver latches and hinges. I told the guy at the counter (the one who made the original order) that my bike has black latches and hinges. They still have the bike and I showed it to them. Well he's claiming that Harley Davidson doesn't manufacture the tour pack with black latches and hinges but can order them for $200.00 and replace them.

Old 02-16-2019 | 01:23 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

There was another thread on this a few weeks ago.

The black out stuff is probably not a stocked configuratuon, and the blsckout stuff is installed at the assembly line. Order the Black, or have yours powder coated.

Old 02-16-2019 | 01:26 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member

What does the work order/order form show? If it specifies black hinges and hardware then the dealer should make it right.

Old 02-16-2019 | 01:47 PM
SluggoMagoo
|
Tourer

No it doesn't specify black hardware. Like I said, he's telling me you can't order a tour pack with black hinges. You have to buy them separately and have them swapped out. That's puts a real bad taste in my mouth too. Seems like the wizards at HD HQ got their heads up their asses. If I would have know this I wouldn't have ordered the tour back form HD. I would have went to an after market product.

Old 02-16-2019 | 02:30 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member

oh, you have discovered the HD marketing plan.

Here is your bike, here is the P&A catalog.

come over to this wall and buy a bunch of stuff we should have used on the bike but didn't... ya we know you are taking off brand new parts and replacing them with really expensive stuff, but that is the way it is done in the HD universe.

In my case I had to pay to get parts they deleted off my Ultra Limited that are standard on a normal touring bike.

The front fender guard and bag guards are deleted on the FLHTK, and they charge more for the bike to do so.

OOOPs that fork air baffle was stock at one point.... now you have to buy it .

ooops the passenger grab handle is not standard.... but we can order you one. The strap across the seat meets federal law and it is cheaper to make.

BTW the blind rivets are cheap.... the riveting tool is well over 100 dollars

Ya we know that air temp gauge is useless, it has been garbage for decades, but we sell a really nice oil temp gauge that will fit in there nicely.... it is only $150 dollars

Last edited by Neggy ZRXOA 5248; 02-16-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2019 | 02:35 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

So if they don't offer the black hardware & latches at the factory how did your bike come when you bought it ? Blacked out or chrome latches ? Did you do it or did they ? Then point his out to the goomer trying to sell you more **** and have a manager involved when you do it.

Old 02-16-2019 | 02:59 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I'd send the friggin' thing back & tell 'em "No thanks".

Old 02-16-2019 | 03:12 PM
Schmidt0221
Advanced

Unbelievable that you spend that kind of money and they still want to charge you more. I would also tell them I’m no longer interested.

Old 02-16-2019 | 03:13 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Why are you fretting over $200. Life is short. If it matters, Dickey and I will send you $200.

Old 02-16-2019 | 05:03 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
No it doesn't specify black hardware. Like I said, he's telling me you can't order a tour pack with black hinges. You have to buy them separately and have them swapped out. That's puts a real bad taste in my mouth too. Seems like the wizards at HD HQ got their heads up their asses. If I would have know this I wouldn't have ordered the tour back form HD. I would have went to an after market product.
Believe it or not, he's telling you the truth. As shown in this video:

Quick Reply: Can't get there from here.