Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Night Rider

I just rolled in from Southeast Oklahoma. 100 miles on a 70 degree windless, moonless crystal clear night on a deserted forest highway. Off in the distance I could see lightning crashing to the ground but it was far away. The smell of wildflowers from the meadows was hanging heavy in the cool humid air.It was just me and my Road King with that big a$$ freight train sized headlight guiding me on. I could throw back my head and see the milky way stretching across the whole sky. Damn, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 AM
HOOSIER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Rider

We are finallygetting some weather where we can make up on the riding we lost from the 20 days of straight rain/flooding.

I read your post on leaving for Colorado earlier.
My brother and I will be leaving for Colorado on July 13th for 7 or 8 days out of the OKC area.

I hope we get this type of weather for that week...

Old 07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I find nothing more zen like than riding on a dark road at night with nothing but the road, the smells of the scenery (I can't see), and my ol' lady on the back. Had one of these just the other night, on our anniversary. It was unexplainable to anyone who hasn't experienced it. Wonderful.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 AM
tkjones2
Banned

Amen Brothers Amen,

Old 07-05-2007, 07:47 AM
larry5h
Road Master

I love to ride at night too but here in south Ga. we have too many deer and other varmits to enjoy the ride.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
radridd
Tourer

Those experiences are what its all about. Makes the trivial stuff we sweat about our bikes seem unimportant.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: larry5h

I love to ride at night too but here in south Ga. we have too many deer and other varmits to enjoy the ride.
In South Carolina the deer wait on the side of the road for bikers, then jump out in front of us. They will wait for hours til one us comes by.[:@]

Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 AM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crossing the Tacoma Narrows bridge at 3 am under a full moon is pretty awesome. Same coming into Seattle in the wee hours, with the city all lit up. But the best is early morning in the high desert, that slightly damp arid smell is great...

Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here in Oklahoma.deer problem with over population. after a month of almost daily rain we are now getting some nice weather to ride.

ORIGINAL: simcom

ORIGINAL: larry5h

In South Carolina the deer wait on the side of the road for bikers, then jump out in front of us. They will wait for hours til one us comes by.[:@]

Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you're out in the middle of nowhere late at night and there's no other traffic or cell phone reception, the sound of that big V-Twin pounding away is sure a reassuring feeling.

Quick Reply: Night Rider