Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project for the 4th .... Now I need yalls advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
jskwarek
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project for the 4th .... Now I need yalls advice

Installed a set of Accutronix Forward controls and a Arlen Ness 90 degree Air Filter. Below are the pics I will take better when it stops raining here in Texas, and yea I know the bike is filthy I have not washed it since I we got back from the ROT rally a month ago so it is still covered in Road Grime and Bugs.

I need yalls advice now for pegs, I thought that I could get aways with using the HD pegs for toe pegs but they just arent log enough and with the leg room that I have lost on the right side now I have to have something longer. I am thinking about keeping the foot pegs the same (skull theme HD pegs) and going with the Accutronix Tribal pegs located here. What I wanted yalls opinion on is if you think it is dumb to run a different toe peg then foot peg or if that will be out of place looking. I have talked it over with my brothers and they are half and half, I photo chopped it the best I could and I am on the fence, and am thinking if you do one you have to do them all including grips but I am a bit OCD so I figured I would get yalls advice as well and see what the public at large thinks.

I know to each their own, but I would like to know what every ones opinion is about the subject.

Here are the pics as good as I could get with a cramped garage and dirty bike. I will do better later.

Jeff

Old 07-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Project for the 4th .... Now I need yalls advice

How about some full shots of the bike from a little further back so we can see the whole bike?

Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very OCD, so they would have to match, or I would be buying ones that did. IMO Also, was it neccesary to remove the engine guard? I have seen some adds that have forward controls and say they can be used with or without. Just curious.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:11 AM
jskwarek
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get better shots when it isn't raining here. The garage is very cramped so that is as far back as I could get right then.

As for the engine guard. These accutronix controls require the removal of the engine guard as they use the mounting hole from the engine guard as one of the mounting points. I read in another post that someone used these forward controls and made there own bracket to keep the engine guard by moving it forward and remounting it, but I never saw a picture.

I never like the look of that big ol ugly engine guard stickin' out there anyway.

Jeff