Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen road sofa ls extended reach review

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:36 AM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words!

Old 01-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Malinois
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous Back Rest

Originally Posted by Armoli
Hi
I'm gonna make it quick for those intersted.
the saddlemen road sofa ls has got to be the least reviewed seat in this forum so hopefully this could help.
my bike is 2016 cvo road glide ultra
I'm 5.10 with 32 inseam.
I ordered the saddlemen road sofa ls extended reach with backrest and the first thing I noticed is how well its built and the material is clearly premium.
installation was simple and once I hopped on the bike to test the first thing that came in mind was " what have I done" it felt like setting on a stone and I wasted my money and decided to chew on it and give it a longer ride. I went for a 2000 miles ride and brought some sheepskin and a seat pillow just in case my butt couldn't take it any more. The more I ride the more it feels better and after the 1000 miles this seat is unbelievably comfortable. I have a bad pain in my tailbone and my tailbone never been happier. The seat is still firm but the right kind of firm. Clearly the gel does in fact absorb some of the road vibration that was noticable and the lumbar support is spot on, in right spot.
I have to mention that I had an issue with thier backrest and sent them an email and the replying email to ask about my address they sent me a new one with no questions asked.
Yeah one more thing, on the way back I had to ride a friend of mine cvo ultra and I couldn't understand how I rode on that seat for all this time, this is how good the saddlemen seat is.

please ask any questions if I missed anything to mention.
So I recently traded in my 16 Roadglide Special for the 2020 Road Glide Limited, which also had floor board extenders that were 1 inch forward and 1 inch out. ( not important unless you also have those). But my main question I have an after-market adjustable backrest with the lever that goes on the left hand side. It is adjustable up and down and then forward and back. Do you know if I can use my aftermarket backrest with the seat? When I took it off my 16 Road Glide, it went right on the 2020 using all the original Factory bolts and holes installed in the Harley Road Glide. Any assistance in this fitment question would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Malinois; 01-04-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Weezer4117
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Malinois
So I recently traded in my 16 Roadglide Special for the 2020 Road Glide Limited, which also had floor board extenders that were 1 inch forward and 1 inch out. ( not important unless you also have those). But my main question I have an after-market adjustable backrest with the lever that goes on the left hand side. It is adjustable up and down and then forward and back. Do you know if I can use my aftermarket backrest with the seat? When I took it off my 16 Road Glide, it went right on the 2020 using all the original Factory bolts and holes installed in the Harley Road Glide. Any assistance in this fitment question would be greatly appreciated.
It will not work correctly. The seat will go on but the seat sets on the mounted bracket. I just went through this. Took the adjustable backrest off and went with Saddlemens set up

Old 01-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 910 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Weezer4117
It will not work correctly. The seat will go on but the seat sets on the mounted bracket. I just went through this. Took the adjustable backrest off and went with Saddlemens set up
Yeah, that is the only thing I do not like about my Saddleman RS, because I preferred my last backrest. I cannot get the Saddleman backrest forward enough, it really leans backwards, stretching me way back. I agree with the original review in that the seat is quite hard originally and I thought "what have I done?", but after a few thousand km, it has formed to my butt and it is very comfortable. My seat shipped without the rear tab to mount the seat and Saddleman Customer Service took care of it right away.

Last edited by Zedbra; 01-05-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:11 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,292 Likes on 850 Posts

seat needs a raincover?