Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat mod for Ghetto Booty

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat mod for Ghetto Booty

Well I got numerous suggestions for a seat that will get me off my gas tank on my new Ultra. Everyone thinks their seat is the best. This is understandable since everyone thinks the same thing about their bikes. My local HD dealer recommended the sundowner bucket but did not have one in stock so he suggested going down to the upholstery shop. After we stripped off the cover and started cutting I realized what the problem was. I thought it was mostly the fact that I am 6'1" tall but the problem is I have a "ghetto booty". My a$$ sticks out way more than most folks which pushes me alot farther forward. We trimmed off all the foam on the back of the seat all the way back to the passenger seat. I will lose my backrest but that is the other problem. My backrest was pushing me too far forward. It doesn't appear to me that all the foam in the back of the seat was neccessary, maybe just for looks. I will get it back today and try it out and report back. When I tried it yesterday it looked like I will be sitting about 2 or 3 inches farther back and maybe a bit lower. I recommend that if you are having trouble like this with your seat either take it too a local shop that will work on it for you or send it to somebody like Allan at Mean City Cycles. Remember that no two a$$e$ are the same. T.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RE: Seat mod for Ghetto Booty

Good deal that your booty is plump-a-licious since you are taking the padding out of the bike seat.

Anticipating the results.