Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcats

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Dante
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Fatcats

I have the D&D Fatcat 2-1 exhaust on my 2007 Street Glide. The main clamp for the exhaust pipe will not tighten. I have rigged a fix but the pipe is still loose. D&D suggested rotating the clamp 180 degrees and tightening. This did not work. Anyone else have this problem? Got any suggestions as to what clamp would work better? Thanks to all who respond.

Posted in exhaust forum as well as here, sorry for the double post. Just wanted to maximize my responses.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: D&D Fatcats

my pipe liked to seperate at that location. put a rivot in it, no problems since, had the pipe off and just drill off the rivot head then replaced when i reinstalled the pipe. you would never know it was there.

adam

Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Dante
Advanced

Thanks for the input.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
cwilks
Banned

Dude, how many threads you going to start about NOT being able to tighten your freakin' muffler?????? Take some of the advice and USE IT [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Take the muffler off and use a cut-off wheel to open up the slits just a bit to allow for better compression of the muffler. After that, go to your local hardware store and pick up a t-bar clamp to replace the stock clamp......the t-bar clamps will take a lot more torque and tighten down a lot more.

If that doesn't work.........pick up a welder and lay a bead around the joint.

Steve

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Dante
Advanced

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Dude, how many threads you going to start about NOT being able to tighten your freakin' muffler?????? Take some of the advice and USE IT [sm=exactly.gif]

TWO!!! I thought I made that as clear as possible in the original post. I even apologized for it and explained why. There is no need to be upset over it. You could have moved on if it was that traumatizing for you, but hey, I would have missed your enlightening reply. Thanks!!!

disclaimer: there is no animosity in this post cwilks, just funnin' ya!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Dante
Advanced

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Take the muffler off and use a cut-off wheel to open up the slits just a bit to allow for better compression of the muffler. After that, go to your local hardware store and pick up a t-bar clamp to replace the stock clamp......the t-bar clamps will take a lot more torque and tighten down a lot more.

If that doesn't work.........pick up a welder and lay a bead around the joint.

Steve
Steve,

The gaps are about 1/2 ". Are you suggesting a slit the size of the dremel cut off wheel or as wide as the slots are now? Thanks for the response!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Road King Craig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CWILKS,!
Why don,t you relax fella ! The dude is asking for help and maybe he,s not a WRENCH!
Tj

Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like I remember some one else having to make there slots longer to get it to clamp Dante, after that they reported it cured! Hey Steve when tou going put a pic of your D&D's in your sig

Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt
Hey Steve when tou going put a pic of your D&D's in your sig
The bike is all cleaned up and ready for picture day...............but the damn weather just won't cooperate and give me some sun. Damn, by the time the sun comes back out I might have already changed exhaust again

Hopefully Thursday or Friday the weather will break and I'll be able to take some pretty pictures for the signature.

Steve

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcats