Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:24 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Default RE: heat deflectors

Back in 77 when came home from serving with US ARMY, I had some shirts made up that said....

For Your Best Bet! Hire a Vet !

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:43 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Bushy. I shipped yours today. Youll see em in saturdays or mondays mail for sure.

zoood/RJ

ORIGINAL: Bushy

I am doing a slow roast waiting for my RJS original., I hope they get here soon, My thighs now know what a leg of lamb feels like;-) FALL IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER
RWP
Bushy

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/07769D8AFCF04ADA8C644ADFC2A04D49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:44 PM
Bleuknight
Cruiser

Kewl, I learn some valuable info on the heat shields!! I will look into this rjsorinals and see what I can do...

[IMG]local://upfiles/38813/CA142E54F42D41A597F6A095BD789792.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:46 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

rjsoriginals.com can't go wrong I've been riding in this crazy heat 100 degrees and such and not a single heat issue, that's city traffic and highway man these things are awesome by far the best thing I've ever bought for my bike.

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:54 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer

Buy the RJ Originals. I have the new ones from the MOCO, they work, but look like crap, very chinzy looking IMO. I will prolly get the RJ's myself.

Old 08-09-2007 | 09:08 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Yeah I noticed that too. bout not many pictures of the heritage softails. I did a poll in the beginning to see who needed the deflectors the most. Touring models won. Heritage was up there too. But until the touring model owners started talking up my product. Then the Heritage owners started purchasing. I sell way more touring model deflectors than the softail ones. But thats changing now. Now the main reason I found that I lack on photos on the site is this,... I always ask that riders to send me photos with it installed on their scoots. But when the heat problem is no more. They forget the heat was an issue and they also forget to send me pictures. Now that digital cameras are more common with use and the rider taking the photos understands how to use his camera. the picture quality is getting much better. Tho,... some still send me pictures that are set at 5meg and when I open the picture file. It about blows me across my office.

Now about your other question. When I look at a heritage. It looks to me as if Harley put 2 bikes together. They come with just studs on the bags and the seat. Nothing studded up front. After awhile they started making studded options you can purchase to include the front of your scoot with the back. Thus making it look as one bike and not 2 put together. I choose the studded version deflectors for the Heritage. I even spaced the studs the same on my deflectors as the spacing on your bags and seat. Heritage studs are at 1" centers. where as some touring models that have studding,... are spaced 1.125 inches, ( 1 1/8) Its these little details that I personally do that ensures a uniform flowing look. That doesnt look like an after market add-on but looks to be factory. Also, my studs are chrome plated brass,... unlike HD's which are steel, plated with chrome. Theirs will rust from inside
as where mine wont. I like things that last and are maintenance free.
zoood/RJ

ORIGINAL: waterdog

ORIGINAL: zoood

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im caught up! Yes I do make them for the Softail Models 2000 on up. Dynas are next! Sportsters, right after that! SoCal_Pappy, you have a package headin at ya. Left today. you too Gman and of course,... Bigdaddy,... mustent forget bigdaddy. lol
Hey Zoood,

Not many pics of the different shields on Heritages on your website. What looks better on a 2007 Heritage, in your opinion, the studded or non-studded version?

Old 08-09-2007 | 09:43 PM
Liketheglide
Intermediate

Hey Zoood.....
I ordered mine Tuesday, have you shipped anything to Missouri this week?
Really looking forward to them, the heat has been tough last 2 weeks!

Old 08-09-2007 | 10:00 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member

RJ here.

Old 08-09-2007 | 10:04 PM
Rollon
Road Master

I got mine from eglide goodies, they're Kuryakyn.. Seem to work. Sure seems like a lot of $s for 2 pieces of plastic, but a lot better than the heat!!!

Old 08-09-2007 | 11:02 PM
Liketheglide
Intermediate

Follow-up...
Shortly after posting if any had shipped, RJ called me at home to confirm shipping soon.
How could anyone ask for better customer service? Thanks a lot RJ!!!

Quick Reply: heat deflectors