Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007 | 12:01 AM
Blackmouth
Road Master
Default RE: heat deflectors

ORIGINAL: Scorpio49

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

If ya got a Dresser RJ's ORIGNALS is the ONLY WAY TO GO!!! They WORK GREAT!!! http://http://www.rjsoriginals.com/
I don't think he makes them for a ST but you can call and ask.... He's great guy to just talk at...
If not then ya might look here... http://coolthighs.com

Cool thighs - look interesting. Good price. Anyone have them? Opinion?

Thanks
Man, just go with the RJ's.
I don't have any shields on my bike yet.
I will get some soon.
I'm going with the RJ's and wouldn't even consider another.
There's too many good forum members around here giving RJ's their backing.
All of these riders can't be wrong....RJ's got good reviews up and down this forum, just do a search.
If I'm spending the money for something why not spend thecashsupporting good companies putting out great products --and I have no doubt RJ's fits that description.

Old 08-09-2007 | 02:35 AM
reeac
Tourer

RJ's work great. I am in 90+ temps and heat issue went away after I installed them.

Old 08-09-2007 | 07:25 AM
AISTQM
Tourer

RJ's is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Got a phone call from RJ last week. He had seen a picture of my bike and I had screwed up the install position. He stayed on the phone and walked me through the fix. Even sent me pictures while we talked.

Old 08-09-2007 | 11:23 AM
dowhat
Tourer

How good does this work for the passenagers, my wife say's her foot is hot.

RJ- will these work if I added the "Rear Leg Risers" onto the bike, 07UC. Thanks

Old 08-09-2007 | 11:57 AM
tmoreau
Tourer

On a really, really hot day, my wife said her foot was hot while moving but fine standing still. Today, a normal day, all was fine. We're gonna experiment with foot position. While riding slowly, I insist on her hugging the bike with her knees. (Under way, she's keeping them in. That's probably the issue.) She can turn her knees outward while at speed.

She really notices how much better things are when we go to park the bike in the underground parking at our condo. We have to ride r-e-a-l-l-y slow, three levels down. By the time we get to the parking stall, we'd be fried without RJ's deflectors. Now, it's a non-event. Count us as a happy couple!

Old 08-09-2007 | 01:10 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

They will aid in heat relief of your passengers legs. Even if the passengers pegs or floor boards are at different locations. Tho we're still testing to see what kind of heat results there are if she wraps her legs around you. We won't be able to control that heat. that be entirely up to you.

Now for you riders that have the 2008 Touring models. The results are in and what fits the 07's will also work very nicely on the 08's as well. We still have to update the our web site for the 08 touring models. However. if you order the 07's touring model. They will work on your 08!

Were still checking on the 08 softail models now and we will post when were positive about their fitment as well.

zoood/RJ

ORIGINAL: dowhat

How good does this work for the passenagers, my wife say's her foot is hot.

RJ- will these work if I added the "Rear Leg Risers" onto the bike, 07UC. Thanks

Old 08-09-2007 | 02:26 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior

zood:

Thanks for Service

Old 08-09-2007 | 06:54 PM
dowhat
Tourer

Zood, I get extreamly heated when she does that, to the point I have to pull off the rode and seek out some shade. Thanks for the info, I'll be placeing a order soon with you.

Old 08-09-2007 | 07:41 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior

I am doing a slow roast waiting for my RJS original., I hope they get here soon, My thighs now know what a leg of lamb feels like;-) FALL IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER
RWP
Bushy

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/07769D8AFCF04ADA8C644ADFC2A04D49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2007 | 08:23 PM
waterdog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: zoood

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im caught up! Yes I do make them for the Softail Models 2000 on up. Dynas are next! Sportsters, right after that! SoCal_Pappy, you have a package headin at ya. Left today. you too Gman and of course,... Bigdaddy,... mustent forget bigdaddy. lol
Hey Zoood,

Not many pics of the different shields on Heritages on your website. What looks better on a 2007 Heritage, in your opinion, the studded or non-studded version?

Quick Reply: heat deflectors