Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to EG Classic Owners-Tour Pak Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question to EG Classic Owners-Tour Pak Brake Lights

I am debating to either add the tour pak brake/running lights kit or the spoiler/led brake light bar. Has any one else added either of these kits? Any comments about either upgrade?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Question to EG Classic Owners-Tour Pak Brake Lights

Mah UC came w/the TP lights of course...but ah added the lit spoiler soon after buyin' the bike. Rearward visibility is a VERY important issue ta me - too many times cages "didn't see them"!!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I went with the tourpak LED spoiler and the saddlebag LED spoilers. I then added the HogLite LED under the tourpak, made my directionals brake/directional (not running) and added the LED saddlebag latch lights. I also replaced the chrome side trim on the tourpak with the LED side marker lights. I think it gives my scoot a cleaner look with maximum rear lighting without adding the rear light setup that the Ultra Classic comes with. I always ride sweep, especially at night. I am lit up like a christmas tree.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/35CBB590EDCD422CBC164716BA14D7FC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/978A7C6D32EC4D3099E9E81DDA7F0758.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/E86EC4FF4CEE4267829C2A17F5D22592.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/D650B838822C47AB9F1AD33194C3C1AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got the tour pack H-D lights on my Classic- had them installed by the dealer when I bought the bike. I plan to put the LED lights on too in the near future. I'd say get whichever you like the most now, then add the other later. You can never have too many lights on a motorcycle...

Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

I added the tour pack brake led light (spoiler) last year. Everyone who's seen the bike before and after tells me it really makes a dramatic difference for rearward visibility. I think it looks really nice too!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

I just added the tour-pac stop light/running light bar. I got tired of hearing people I know tell me that the one little tail light was not noticeable enough. So, I figured I'd better get some more lights on the back and at eye level with cagers. My wife usually rides two up with me and I hate the thought of what would happen to her if some moron hit us in the a$$. I'm glad I did it. It also makes the bike look better as well.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

I have the spoiler and like it. IMHO the higher the lights the more they will be noticed, and there is no higher point on the bike than the rear of the tour pack.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

My buddy put the LED/spoiler on his '06 EG Classic; like Neggy said, the higher the better. I liked his enough that I putone on my King TP that already had the Ultra light bar. The LED/spoiler looks good and is an easy DIY project.

Another inexpensive improvement in the light on the rear of your bike is HD's module that causes the rear turn signals to also function as run/brake lights. That module adds a lot of light on the back of the bike, also. Important if you go with a detachable tour pak mounting kit.

Here's a pic with both the Ultra light bar and spoiler/LED on my '04 police model EG:

Old 07-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

My buddy put the LED/spoiler on his '06 EG Classic; like Neggy said, the higher the better. I liked his enough that I putone on my King TP that already had the Ultra light bar. The LED/spoiler looks good and is an easy DIY project.

Another inexpensive improvement in the light on the rear of your bike is HD's module that causes the rear turn signals to also function as run/brake lights. That module adds a lot of light on the back of the bike, also. Important if you go with a detachable tour pak mounting kit.
Yep- I have that on mine. Really makes a difference...

Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: russl179

I am debating to either add the tour pak brake/running lights kit or the spoiler/led brake light bar. Has any one else added either of these kits? Any comments about either upgrade?
WELL WORTH DOIN.makes you very visible and looks good to boot!!

Quick Reply: Question to EG Classic Owners-Tour Pak Brake Lights