Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall, need to move farther back

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 PM
pfd161
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tall, need to move farther back

get a corbin dual tour...moved me down and back...not sure how much though..i'm only 5'10"

Dennis

Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the tallboy for touring and the HD stripper for the custom look. Both are great for getting you off of the tank!!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

ORIGINAL: dircha

What I found from researching past comments is that Sundowner seat will move you forward a bit, a Tall Boy seat will move you up and back a bit, a Mustang seat will move you up, and a Corbin seat will move you down and back.

I ordered a Corbin with detachable backrest based on that.
That is the most complete answer I have ever seen on the subject.
He's right............for us vertically gifted men, the corbin is the way to go, especially the Solo.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
JW
Road Captain

here's another option, these folks will cutomize your seat to fit you.

http://www.harleyseats.com/Bar_Enter...lcomes_You.htm

Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 AM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im 6 ft tall I have the road zepplen air ride seat, It will set you back a bunch when it,s inflated fully I cant tuch the ground flat footed that I don,t like. I ride a 2000 RG.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/0B70C1B852A74C82BD3E4645F7CEE9F4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 AM
billjr
Cruiser

I have an 01 rk with the corbin dual touring seat I am 6'4 190lbs with a 38" inseam and I installed the kury extended brake pedal and had to put my highway pegs so the bolt faced away from me which anyone else getting on the bike cannot even reach the highway pegs except with their toes so far that has worked for me it is not uncomfortable for me when my feet are on the floorboards and when I want to strech out I put my feet on the highway pegs and can ride all day long. I need to move my wife back a bit cause it feels like she is sitting on top of me but she is only 5'2 and 90lbs and that seat is great for me solo but when we are both on it is uncomfortable for me she says she is fine back there most of the time. Any suggestions on moving her back some need about 3" more seat back there. If you are ridding solo that seat will work good for you imho it is not cheap.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultrasweet, check out Allen at http://meancitycycles.com/, he is a forum member. He has helped a lot of guys out with this exact same situation. You will keep the stock seat, but he will rework the seat, any way you want it. Up, down, back, etc. He can also install components that will make the seat more comfy. He gets rave reviews here on the forum. Best of all, he can do your seat for less than you would spend on a new seat. I would recommend talking to him first, before buying a new seat. JMHO.

I am 6'1" also. I weigh 350ish lbs. I am sure I am fatter than you are. I was able to get enough room by just adding highway pegs (which you did), and also adding my ape hangers. For some reason, since the apes, I have not felt cramped at all. Now, since you have an Ultra, that may not be the direction you want to go in, but it helped me. Again, talk to Allen.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:37 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

If you want low profile the Mustang Daytripper will get you as far bike as you want to go.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:45 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Any suggestions on moving her back some need about 3" more seat back there
Kuryakyn tour pack relocation kit will work like a champ to move her back. Like most of the metal things from Kuryakyn it is well made.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 AM
rabnestic
6th Gear

I'm 6'2" and 280. I have a Danny Grey low profile two-up seat really pushed me back and down so that my legs really stretch out. Fits my 2006 Electra Glide classic very well and the flame stich looks great!

Quick Reply: Tall, need to move farther back