Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stree Glide owners - Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 02:52 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Stree Glide owners - Question

Was at the HD shop today, saw a new Street Glide - the part that fills the space between the bags and fender and also houses the light below the fender --- the one I saw was made for Detachable tour pack set up - meaning the space filler had a hole in it for the detachable bar... I assume this bike does not come with the tour pack - So for those of you that have the new street glide - does yours have this nice part on the back??? any pics???

I think this part is called --- Rear fender ground effects with tri-line fender

Old 10-22-2005, 02:55 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Stree Glide owners - Question

It has the filler piece with the LEDs yes, not sure if you are talking about something else or that plastic piece??

Old 10-22-2005, 02:59 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

that sounds like the piece - does yours have holes up towards the top - that would allow the bracket for the detachable set up???

Old 10-22-2005, 11:02 AM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '06 Street Glide but I don't have any pic's that show that detail. Yes, there are two holes on either side of that trim...the left side (drivers side) is for the antenna hook-up and the right side has a rubber plug in it. Sorry, but I'm not sure how it works with the detachable tour pak. Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:34 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ive looked pretty closely at the street glide, and where the antenna is. and i guess if you wanted you could add the detachable brackets there. but it looks like you would have to relocate the antenna to the tour pack.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:01 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plug on the right side is for a cb antenna. The detachable brackets attach up on top near the top of the shock.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:45 AM
Mowinguy
Novice

I put a detachable tour pak rack on my street glide. The antenna will be relocated and the right side rubber plug is removed to accomodate the rack.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Jomar FLHXI
3rd Gear

No the street glide does not come with tour-pak and yes the holes in the filler fender are to be used when installing detachable tour-pak. BUT GUESS WHAT you have to relocate your antenna and if you get the tour-pak with the rear speakers look to spend another 140.00 for a wiring horness and the antenna wire on the bike is to short to reach the back of the tour-pak.
The dealer don't tell you all the extras you will have to purchase to install the tour-pak.
so if you are thinking off buying a bagger and will need the tour-pak, buy a full dresser you save some money that away.
I made a mistake and fell in love with the street glide and jumped in head first and purchased it without thinking about what I really needed.
But all that being said I still love to ride my street glide.

06 street glide
103 stroker
265cam
race tuner
rinehart tru-daul
port and polished SE heads

Dyno tested
101 HP
112 Lb tor

Old 05-22-2006, 04:17 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

Jomar. just put the antenna inside your fairing, no more poroblem.
ORIGINAL: Jomar FLHXI

No the street glide does not come with tour-pak and yes the holes in the filler fender are to be used when installing detachable tour-pak. BUT GUESS WHAT you have to relocate your antenna and if you get the tour-pak with the rear speakers look to spend another 140.00 for a wiring horness and the antenna wire on the bike is to short to reach the back of the tour-pak.
The dealer don't tell you all the extras you will have to purchase to install the tour-pak.
so if you are thinking off buying a bagger and will need the tour-pak, buy a full dresser you save some money that away.
I made a mistake and fell in love with the street glide and jumped in head first and purchased it without thinking about what I really needed.

06 street glide
103 stroker
265cam
race tuner
rinehart tru-daul

Dyno tested
101 HP
112 Lb tor

Old 05-23-2006, 09:10 PM
CLCFred
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Jomar FLHXI

06 street glide
103 stroker
265cam
race tuner
rinehart tru-daul

Dyno tested
101 HP
112 Lb tor
Do you remember all the parts you needed to get?

I was looking to get the Pak for my SG. I am pretty sure i need to get the mounting kit also? And no i am not looking to have speakers back there

Quick Reply: Stree Glide owners - Question