Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015+ road glide inner fairing removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 09:13 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,837 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
I reckon it's like that old parable about if you want to feed a guy for a day, give him a fish. If you want to feed him for a lifetime, teach him how to fish!

The way I see it, on a more direct level, I have gone out and ponied up the bucks...sometimes a LOT of bucks...to get the manual for most every piece of rolling stock that I've owned. This is MY responsibility if I decide to wrench on a machine. I figger it's not my...or your...or her...or his responsibility to go into that manual or use information that I've gained the hard way because someone else is too lazy, cheap, or irresponsible to invest in information that I've invested in.

That said, there are exceptions. The beauty of a forum is to share information that falls between the cracks. Sometimes, a guy might get a bike, immediately order the FSM, and need some poop while waiting for it. Personally, I'm ok with that.

Now, that might seem pretty 'one way' to a lotta folks, and others might want to be the Shell Answer Man. But since you put it out there, here's my opinion

I'll bet I'm not the only one feels that way.
Of course you feel this way. It's how the forums are going these days. Today it's more about telling everyone what YOU do or won't do, correcting peoples input, getting into arguments over nothing, etc... yet we still have a few members like Vernal who will put a traveler up for a night in his house and post pages straight from the manuals to help others out. My kinda guy, and exactly what this place used to be well before say 2013....when people who care more about how much manuals cost started joining and sharing their precious thoughts instead of helping members out. Not my kinda crowd I guess. Oh well. I'm still here and will probably still be here helping others when I can well after those guys are gone. Thanks for your gracious input.

Last edited by lp; 09-05-2018 at 09:14 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by lp:
24v (09-06-2018), DanHappy (02-07-2020), Lessenone (09-09-2018), Mrevilix (09-05-2018), Punjabi Rider (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 643 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Of course you feel this way. It's how the forums are going these days. Today it's more about telling everyone what YOU do or won't do, correcting peoples input, getting into arguments over nothing, etc... yet we still have a few members like Vernal who will put a traveler up for a night in his house and post pages straight from the manuals to help others out. My kinda guy, and exactly what this place used to be well before say 2013....when people who care more about how much manuals cost started joining and sharing their precious thoughts instead of helping members out. Not my kinda crowd I guess. Oh well. I'm still here and will probably still be here helping others when I can well after those guys are gone. Thanks for your gracious input.
...and I thank you!

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (02-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2018, 12:33 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
^^^^^^^^ or do a search on the web. Lots of places, even here, that show you how to do it.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:31 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
^^^^^^^^ or do a search on the web. Lots of places, even here, that show you how to do it.
Honestly, I just always wanted to use that emoji.

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (02-07-2020)
Old 09-09-2018, 12:24 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

I used this one when I took mine off.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:24 AM
StevenHousden
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have a Video

Originally Posted by Mrevilix
Does anyone know of a good write up or video on how to remove the inner fairing on a 2015 and newer road glides? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
I know this is an older thread but Ive made a detailed 2015 up, RG inner fairing removal video. Maybe this will help some of you wanting to do an inner fairing swap.

The following 3 users liked this post by StevenHousden:
DoTheShake (02-07-2020), Puglia10 (02-04-2020), TMFD (05-01-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 06:44 AM
DoTheShake
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect

Originally Posted by StevenHousden
I know this is an older thread but Ive made a detailed 2015 up, RG inner fairing removal video. Maybe this will help some of you wanting to do an inner fairing swap. https://youtu.be/UMCPdr8aftA
Man a buddy of mine recently went down on his road glide at about 70mph. He managed to slide the whole slow down instead of flip but the fairing got pretty banged up. After getting the old one off (everything comes apart easier than it does going together) we were lost getting the new one attached to the bike. This video was definitely a time saver. Very appreciative of the time put in and the response to a very dead thread just to help.