Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We'll get that out to you right away...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Arctic Badger
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default We'll get that out to you right away...

WTF is going on with these online companies? I have never had so much trouble getting parts and information.

I ordered the chrome switch housings, brake and MC and get the wrong master cylinder sent to me. I return it, the supplier said he got the wrong one again. I call for a status and he rudely tells me he's waiting on the part, wants to know what he should do. How about appologizing and telling me he'll overnight it to me when he gets it? Ordered from S0rgys through ebay on June 10, received the wrong part on June 17, still no MC to fit the bike.

I ordered some V/H turn down slip ons, the V/H fuel pack and the kury a/c from DiscountCycleParts.com. I was told the very nextmorning the v/h are on back order. I find a place gopartsdirect.com and they say they have the v/h in stock and they've got the PCIII usb for >250. I cancel the v/h pipes and fuel pack from DiscountCycleParts.com, place the second order including mirrors with turn signals in them with gopartsdirect.com. The AC arrives on time from the DiscountCycleParts.com very quickly and I'm very pleased. I get 2 shipment emails from the second place so I call them. I'm told the parts are all in and are shipping out that day. I get a 3rd shipment email the next day, but the tracking system shows the total weight at 5 lbs. I call and am told the v/h pipes are on back order but the other parts shipped. I ask why it took 11 days for the parts to ship, she says they had to wait for them to arrive from the manufacturer. No appology, nothing but rudeness. I tell her to cancell the order and I'll get them from someone else. She says it will take 7 to 10 business days to get my money back!

Started with DiscountCycleParts.com on the 18th and got the AC just a few days later.

Started with gopartsdirect.com on the 19th. Have received no parts, had to call to find out some were on back order, received multiple email notifications that the parts have shipped, was told they were in stock twice when they weren't.

Does anyone know a reputable online shop or a place in Michigan I can buy some v/h turn down slipons? I would rather just walk into a shop and order them, this online **** is pissing me off. I think they're rude to people because they know you cant walk up and punch'em in the mouth.

I think I'm cursed when it comes to baggers.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: We'll get that out to you right away...

I buy exclusively from these folks. Great prices, even on HD factory gear, and outstanding customer service:

https://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
jefkat2
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I buy only from these folks. Never had a problem and most of the time "Free Shipping"

http://www.denniskirk.com

2007 FLHTC

Old 06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll second Dennis Kirk. Never a single problem, same day free shipping, and you can see the amount of stock for your item at the time of order. They also keep you updated with emails on your order.

Best mail order/online order place I've ever dealt with.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A month ago I ordered brake pads from Lyndall, asked for them to be shipped 2nd day, trying to get ready for my first Iron Butt ride. Next day I get an email saying they were on B/O for 10-14 days but they debited my credit card that day. I think about it for a day and then email them telling them to cancel the order. Two weeks later I check my credit card account and there is no credit . So I ask Lyndall why no credit? Well, they shipped the pads anyway, 2nd day, 12 days after I asked them to cancel the order. I had already bought pads, installed them and did the IB ride. When I complained to Lyndall asking what happened, they said to keep the pads and they'd credit me for them also. I returned the pads to Lyndall.

What really irritated me about the whole deal was, I waited almost two years for my stock pads to wear out so I could try the Lyndall. I understand backorders happen but this one part number fits something like every H-D made from 2000 and later, front & rear. Kinda like McDonald's running out of french fries but that happens too. So far, this has been my only negative on-line buying experience when shopping with motorcycle suppliers.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you really expect a nameless, faceless company to give a ratzass about what you think or whether you get your money back? That's why they're cheap. Caveat emptor, folks.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEVER had a problen with Eastern Performance Cycles

Free shipping and very good e-mail follow-up

Old 06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from a bunch of places.....go to easternperformance.com or gopartsdirect.com and find their cheap price, them call denniskirk.com and they will match the price and ship out that same day.

Just my opinion....

Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to buy somestuff from Dennis Kirk but their prices don't come close to M&M's prices.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you really really want to get jerked around, try dealing with True Track. [:@]

Quick Reply: We'll get that out to you right away...