Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions if you switched from Batwing to Road King

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:47 PM
ratpick
Road Captain
Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts

I test rode 2011 street glide and road king back to back down the interstate at 80 mph, and bought the king even though couldn't get the 103 in that year. To be fair, they made me wear a helmet to test ride, but the head buffeting was much worse on the SG. Another caveat, I suppose, is the shorter SG windscreen on the batwing--taller might help a lot, I don't know. I changed the shield on my RK to clearview recurve minus 2 or 3" and am very pleased with protection while being able to comfortably look over. With fugly fangs on it's a two wheeled cadillac--had to put on louder pipes to remember I needed to put my feet down at lights.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:10 AM
subgunner
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Put a Memphis Shades Batwing on my 04 RK police. Frankly, could not tell much difference in buffeting. I did like the fast and easy windshield change to match the season.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

I had an 08 RKC and overall I loved the bike. Didn't like the windscreen much so I installed a Quadzilla detachable fairing and it made my ride much smoother. I toured all over the place with this bike and found that my 88 was having a very hard time keeping up with my friends who were riding new HDs and touring bikes. Finally decided it was time to upgrade to a full touring bike and picked up a 14 Ultra Limited. Ride was like night and day. I like the Ultra, but I have to say it pales in comparison to the looks of my RKC. I still tour so I'll stick with the batwing, but if I ever have some spare money and the RKC comes back, I can see getting another one.

Opinions if you switched from Batwing to Road King-vzyrqry.jpg

Opinions if you switched from Batwing to Road King-lcb00wz.jpg

Old 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I went the other way and got an ultra after having a RK. For me, I ride when I get the chance to ride and sometimes that is in colder weather. I like the protection from the wind and some of the comfort features on the Ultras over the RK. On the RK I had my bars filled with mounts for my phone and some speakers but in the fairing everything is hidden and mounted neatly. I DO miss being able to go on medium to short rides with the wind on my chest and in my face but, overall I dont regret my decision.