Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shock review, Howard's Ohlin #3-#3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018 | 12:30 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lyork

I talked to Legends...they said to go back to “zero”. I’m 280 and the wife is 180, the Legends are set to “2 turns” right now
Legends always says to go back to zero, no matter what weight is involved. Just waiting for them to admit they have a problem.

Old 09-03-2018 | 01:05 PM
Longridertx
Road Master

I talked to Legends...they said to go back to “zero”. I’m 280 and the wife is 180, the Legends are set to “2 turns” right now
Your combined weight and mine are pretty close. Guess I will dial it back to zero and see what happens. I'm starting to wonder if the spring they put on them is a little too stiff, or if it could be in the cartridge itself. Maybe a combination of the two? They did greatly improve the ride and handling of my bike but I would like to get them a bit smoother in the ride if possible.

Old 09-03-2018 | 01:13 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Legends always says to go back to zero, no matter what weight is involved. Just waiting for them to admit they have a problem.
Yeah, I’m tempted to just put in the GP’s that you have. Dealer is doing the work for free as I’m having the Front rotors warrantied and replaced with the Ness wave rotors.

HD044’s are 8 weeks out so it’ll be awhile before I test those out. I have the 14” Pro Actions dialed in, they’re gonna be hard to beat for our weight package, but I wanna try a seperated shock as we ride a lot. I was hoping to have the Ohlins for Bikers, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville later this month

Old 09-03-2018 | 03:28 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, I’m tempted to just put in the GP’s that you have. Dealer is doing the work for free as I’m having the Front rotors warrantied and replaced with the Ness wave rotors.

HD044’s are 8 weeks out so it’ll be awhile before I test those out. I have the 14” Pro Actions dialed in, they’re gonna be hard to beat for our weight package, but I wanna try a seperated shock as we ride a lot. I was hoping to have the Ohlins for Bikers, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville later this month
That must be some great dealer if they are gonna tear down the front to replace rotors, lol.

Old 09-03-2018 | 04:48 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
That must be some great dealer if they are gonna tear down the front to replace rotors, lol.
they installed the legends, so they are gonna pull them and set them to zero at no charge since I think they’re too firm. Also, My rotors suck on my 17, so we are replacing them with the Arlen Ness wave rotors at the same time we pull the cartridges. Im paying for pads and some of the labor on that part

The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018 | 04:51 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

they installed the legends, so they are gonna pull them and set them to zero at no charge since I think they’re too firm. Also, My rotors suck on my 17, so we are replacing them with the Arlen Ness wave rotors at the same time we pull the cartridges. Im paying for pads and some of the labor on that part
Ya, good idea to install the GP's at that point. I reset my Legends to zero on my RK, it was better, but still felt like a jackhammer.