Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running w/out baffles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Running w/out baffles?

Is it ok to run my stock 07 SG without the baffles in. I just got my bike out of service from pipe install and all the chrome goodies. Took out the baffles just out of curiosity and holy crapp! I was down in the garage and the wife said the dog almost jumped through the ceiling. Its the new bassani flipped scallop cut slip ons. I will post some pics tomorrow. Cheers everybody

Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 AM
ndotken
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running w/out baffles?

If you're looking for decibels, then you're going to like it. If you want the bike to perform, then you're not.

Did you have a PCIII or SERT installed and a new air cleaner along with the Bassani's? If so, the fuel map is set up for the pipes with the baffles in, not out. The air/fuel mixture is going to be leaned out and you will probably have issues with popping and backfiring during deceleration (neither of which are good and could be harmful to your engine). You will also lose backpressure, which will reduce your low-end torque.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Running w/out baffles?

ORIGINAL: WORKD4IT

Is it ok to run my stock 07 SG without the baffles in. I just got my bike out of service from pipe install and all the chrome goodies. Took out the baffles just out of curiosity and holy crapp! I was down in the garage and the wife said the dog almost jumped through the ceiling. Its the new bassani flipped scallop cut slip ons. I will post some pics tomorrow. Cheers everybody
Unless you had the bike tuned for running without the baffles, you'll lose performance .... most typically you'll notice it above 3 grand. Torque cones will help.

http://www.harley-performance.com/harley-exhaust.html