Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for new exhaust... replacing D&D Fat Cat

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Time for new exhaust... replacing D&D Fat Cat

Well after a couple of months of ownership I still can't take a likeing to my D&D Fat Cat. Seems a little more sluggish since I installed it. And I just can't get used to the sound. I like the sound level, just not the sound. Too tinny and blatty and not enough throat. I've heard tell either you like or or you do not. Guess I have figured out which side I am on.

My choices are:
Rinehart 2 into 1 - Love the sound. Just can't get used to the looks of the heat shield over the collector. Suppse I could live with it.
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe - Heard there are bluing issues.
Rinehart true duals - Again love the sound. Just dunno if I want to go back to duals. The 2 into 1 look has really grown on me.

Any advice on the three??? Anyone had a chance to compare any of them to the Fat Cat??? I know there are some people out there who go through exhaust like crazy.

BTW if anyone in the mid-atlantic area has one of the above and was considering going to the Fat Cat, I may be up for a trade.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts
Default RE: Time for new exhaust... replacing D&D Fat Cat

I've had the Pro Pipe and now have Rinehart True Duals. The look, and especially the sound of the Rineharts have me hooked. Best sounding pipe on the market as far as I'm concerned.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
precisionworks
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rinehart true duals - Again love the sound.
Another vote for the RTD's. Most expensive pipes available - yes. Best sounding pipes available at any price - without a doubt.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check with maineultraclassic he might take the D&D off of you and who knows might have a pipe you might like

Old 06-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt

Check with maineultraclassic he might take the D&D off of you and who knows might have a pipe you might like
Isn't he the one that changes his pipes every six months or so???

Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL!!! I don't know that he's ever made it 6 months LMAO!!!! They call him 9 pipe Steve

Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
pfd161
Cruiser

He's already got his hand on some with both quiet and regular baffles....
hehe Steve
Dennis

Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL................."Stevie 9-pipes" here.

Most people go for MPG, I go for MPE...........and I average about 1000 miles per exhaust.

I just traded my Supertrapp 2-1 for a FatCat 2-1 with quiet baffle & standard baffle. I just came in from installing the Fatcat and taking around the block for a test ride. It sounds great, power is great, very smooth pull right from 2000-6000 rpm.....and I love the sound and snap of it.

I have a small leak at the head on the front cylinder, going to have to put in some new gaskets tomorrow night. I tried using a set of S/E gaskets I had in my toolbox, but I'm getting a small leak with them so I'm going to have to get a new set tomorrow. I'm going to let it cool down a bit tonight and go back out and loosen it up and try to wiggle it around a bit to see if it seals up better.

You should have no problems selling your FatCat.....they are the hottest pipe going right now.

I will agree that the Rineharts have the best sound out there of any exhaust...............I ran those for 7 months last year and really like them a lot, they just got too loud when I did my motor work.

Steve

Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I liked my Thunderheader on my last bike better than the Fatcat I removed from my SG. I put my VH True Duals back on the SG, got it tuned again, and for me the bike performs and sounds better. I found the Cat to make my bike more sluggish also. Put the duals back on and all the bottom came back big time.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer

I have been running the Rhinehart 2 into 1 for about a year now and have been thinking about switching to the D&D Fatcat.

Quick Reply: Time for new exhaust... replacing D&D Fat Cat