Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traveling with pets

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 11:08 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

I have often wondered about the trailers because of the exhaust. Dogs have such sensitive hearing and I wondered if they suffer.

Beary

Old 08-20-2018, 01:10 PM
jerryleejr
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
I have often wondered about the trailers because of the exhaust. Dogs have such sensitive hearing and I wondered if they suffer.

Beary
yeah I have the hitch/rack setup but concerned with putting him back there. At least on the tour pack my wife can keep an eye on him...

JJ

Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

I would LOVE to bring my dog, Bear, on some local trips. But he is juuuust a little too big for the Kurkangaknen Pet Palace. He is 22-ish pounds, they recommend a max of 20.

BEAR!

Old 08-20-2018, 07:26 PM
jerryleejr
Tourer

Originally Posted by VinceTheArchitect
I would LOVE to bring my dog, Bear, on some local trips. But he is juuuust a little too big for the Kurkangaknen Pet Palace. He is 22-ish pounds, they recommend a max of 20.

BEAR!
Do what you want but the 20 pound limit is a legal thing, the rack has been tested up to 40 pounds. And Gimli is over 20 just saying...

JJ

Old 08-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Jonny Rotten
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 69 Posts

Pet peeve # 1001
Leave all dogs at home...Not in the supermarket shopping cart. Not on your lap while your driving and certainly not on a bike.
.....and I'm a big time dog lover and owner

If you travel with dogs in a car on vacation or to the vet or wherever your dog NEEDS to go get one of these. Best thing for dog travel. It saves them from falling in the foot area and lets them get close while your driving. Our dog loves it

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCEk&adurl=

Old 08-20-2018, 08:30 PM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer

Originally Posted by jerryleejr

Do what you want but the 20 pound limit is a legal thing, the rack has been tested up to 40 pounds. And Gimli is over 20 just saying...

JJ
I ride solo, so he and the carrier would go in the rear seat. I just don't think he'd be comfy in the box.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:33 PM
jerryleejr
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jonny Rotten
Pet peeve # 1001
Leave all dogs at home...Not in the supermarket shopping cart. Not on your lap while your driving and certainly not on a bike.

If you travel with dogs in a car on vacation or to the vet or wherever your dog NEEDS to go get one of these. Best thing for dog travel. It saves them from falling in the foot area and lets them get close while your driving. Our dog loves it

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCEk&adurl=
so you’re saying you don’t leave your dog at home?

JJ

Old 08-21-2018, 09:06 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,263 Likes on 4,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Rotten
Pet peeve # 1001
I agree for the most part... I don't think dogs should be in stores, restaurants, and I certainly don't like seeing dogs on motorcycles......

But I see nothing wrong with dogs in cars/trucks, as long as they don't interfere with the driver. I have my truck set up for my dogs to ride comfortably. The back seat is removed, a padded, flat floor is in it's place, and there is a barrier so they can't interfere with my driving..

But it's really not a choice for me, I couldn't take my dogs on my bike, even if I had a sidecar....

Last edited by hattitude; 08-21-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:16 AM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer

Originally Posted by hattitude
I agree for the most part... I don't think dogs should be in stores, restaurants, and I certainly don't like seeing dogs on motorcycles......

But I see nothing wrong with dogs in cars/trucks, as long as they don't interfere with the driver. I have my truck set up for my dogs to ride comfortably. The back seat is removed, a padded, flat floor is in it's place, and there is a barrier so they can't interfere with my driving..

But it's really not a choice for me, I couldn't take my dogs on my bike, even if I had a sidecar....

you have other options at your disposal for dog bike travel

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (08-21-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 10:07 AM
jerryleejr
Tourer

Kinda proud of how we repurposed another bag and made it pet friendly...

Quick Reply: Traveling with pets