Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Sc0ut
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia

For those that are in the Northern Virginia area or who are close enough:

I just want to put up a recommendation for NVCycleWorx, located in Chantilly, VA. I was having problems with my headlight and passing lamps. Somehow, there is a short in the circuit causing the fuse to blow, resulting, of course, in no lights. I didn't have much time to do this tedious troubleshooting myself so I decided to let the professionals do it. This shop was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad I followed that recommendation. The shop is clean, easy to get to, with decent hours. The staff is very friendly, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and NOT condescending. They work on both Harleys and Metrics. Full service shop - maintenance to complete rebuild to performance work to insurance estimates to basic repairs to custom builds (ground up).

Anyway, I called them up, gave them my story, and they told me to bring my bike in. I got there around 11am today, and they were able to work on my bike right away. I was even able to watch the troubleshooting process, which was very thorough and meticulous. I enjoyed that process the best, as I was able to see my bike with different parts off of it and learned in the process. Within 1.5 hours, it was fixed (found the short, fixed it, and also replaced my faulty horn).

I highly recommend them for all your service needs. Their website (and contact info) is at www.nvcycleworx.com. But just in case, their phone number is 703-378-0101. Ask for Dave or Tom or Gary.

ps. please no flames about how this was an easy fix that i could have done myself, etc, etc. This is just one of those FYIs. If it helps you, great. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Spartan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia

Thanks for the info. May come in handy once mywarranty expires.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just don't speed to get there. Or you won't have any money left to spend......

Old 06-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Sc0ut
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think those new traffic laws (with the "surcharges" or "fees") will get rescinded sooner or later. i hate the fact that it only penalized VA residents and NOT out of state drivers/riders.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Towpro
Banned

One of their managers stopped by my storage lot. We are across the street from them, & gave me some business cards. Any place is better than the dealer right....LOL.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BETTER THAN PATRIOT HD that's for sure!![:@]

Old 02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sc0ut

For those that are in the Northern Virginia area or who are close enough:

I just want to put up a recommendation for NVCycleWorx, located in Chantilly, VA. I was having problems with my headlight and passing lamps. Somehow, there is a short in the circuit causing the fuse to blow, resulting, of course, in no lights. I didn't have much time to do this tedious troubleshooting myself so I decided to let the professionals do it. This shop was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad I followed that recommendation. The shop is clean, easy to get to, with decent hours. The staff is very friendly, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and NOT condescending. They work on both Harleys and Metrics. Full service shop - maintenance to complete rebuild to performance work to insurance estimates to basic repairs to custom builds (ground up).

Anyway, I called them up, gave them my story, and they told me to bring my bike in. I got there around 11am today, and they were able to work on my bike right away. I was even able to watch the troubleshooting process, which was very thorough and meticulous. I enjoyed that process the best, as I was able to see my bike with different parts off of it and learned in the process. Within 1.5 hours, it was fixed (found the short, fixed it, and also replaced my faulty horn).

I highly recommend them for all your service needs. Their website (and contact info) is at www.nvcycleworx.com. But just in case, their phone number is 703-378-0101. Ask for Dave or Tom or Gary.

ps. please no flames about how this was an easy fix that i could have done myself, etc, etc. This is just one of those FYIs. If it helps you, great. If not, sorry for wasting your time.
I just saw thispost at the bottom of another post. This place is joke. Ask them about their motorcycle backround and where they trained at to be qualified to work on bikes...LOL!

There is another shop directly on the other side of the building...check them out before you decide who works on your bike.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Towpro
Banned

You sure talk alot of **** about any cycle shop other than Devil Dawg don't ya mattman?!?!?!?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well since the NVcycleworx is the same guys as the NV pools...lol. Last year one of my friends was talking to a guy that worked at cycleworx and the question came up about his motorcycle experience...the answer was that he built a chopper in his garage. Is that the person you want working on your motorcycle...if you don't who works on your bike, go there.

I call it like I see it.

Devil Dawg is my personal choice so I speak highly of them. Go talk to them and decide for yourself.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't necessarily need years and years of experience to work on bikes. You primarily want someone that is thorough and does what they say they are going to do for the price that you are quoted.

There are some service techs with 30+ years experience that I would still not let touch my bike, and there are some "youngsters" that are pretty darn sharp.

What makes a shop thrive and get a good reputation is the work performed and the end result including price and customer service. If that is happening, who cares how much experience they have.

Quick Reply: NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia